Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Enough Is Enough

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

On a recent doctor' visit,  I as told my blood sugar is too high--124 fasting, which isn't terrible, but is too high. Since I've been steadily gaining weight since the birth of my first child 26 years ago, I'm aware I need to lose weight to have better health.  I'd made attempts to lose weight, but, something inside me snapped that day.  Enough is enough.  My blood pressure is high; my cholesterol is high; now my blood sugar is high.  I've adopted a diabetic diet.  It isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Reading Mike Huckabee's book about his 100 pound weight loss has been very encouraging.  My favorite line from the book is, "Nothing tastes as good as it feels to be thin."   Although I have cravings, I've been able to stick with my diet. I've lost 9 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks and look forward to continuing my weight loss journey.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Great job!  We all have to hit that point when we're truly ready.  Keep up that momentum!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Welcome!

funhappymom
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Good job. Getting started is sometimes the hardest part of weight loss.

KenneMaw
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Weight loss is 90% mental, 10% physical.  If your brain wants it, you can do it !  GO FOR IT!!

KyrinM
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Good job, if you can prevent ending up with full blown diabetes too, that will be definately a plus.  Anything over 95 fasting is tipping into diabetes, so I'd be a bit worried too.  You can do this.

wvmckinney
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

WTG! Congrats!

Rebecca

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM

welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN