Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

GetFit331-->12 week challenge

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
I guess this is the first entry for my journal =) My goals for this challenge? At the end of this 12 weeks I'd like to say I'm missing at least 24 pounds =) That would be a 12% weight loss. During my first 12 week challenge I lost 36 pounds, and I maintained that loss over the holidays! Time for a repeat. How am I going to do this? Revamp my diet and resume my outdoor exercise routine, I'm part of an awesome all-women walking/running group that meets once a week that includes a week long homework assignment work out! Hopefully this journal will help me keep track of what's working in the food/calorie department, that's where I need the most help, and tracking my weight & workouts. I weigh myself everyday, same time. I'm a little OCD about it. I know not to expect to see a daily change. It's just my daily routine, like brushing my teeth, don't judge =) And it's a cute scale, I can't help myself. At least I'm not obsessing over Hershey kisses or Thin mints or Coke (much).
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
D.Tetz
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to weigh myself every day just because it keeps me motivated and it holds me accountable. 

GetFit331
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

See!

I knew I wasn't alone in that trap!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Me too. Sometimes it's a blessing, sometimes a curse lol

Quoting D.Tetz:

I like to weigh myself every day just because it keeps me motivated and it holds me accountable. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GetFit331
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Took a walk last night in the snow with my DD....20 minutes 0.76miles

3/18/13 break down

breakfast oatmeal & milk

lunch tuna on white (water)

dinner spinach & strawberry salad w/ homade chicken noodle soup (v-fusion)

snacks-coke & chocolate chip cookies

wt 201

GetFit331
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM

What a crazy day!  Expected at least a 2hr delay this morning. 5 inches of snow.

Nope! So had to do the mad-dash kid shower/blowdry/dress and get her fed & ready for school on time  =)

And then clean off the car =( and drive her there, oh what fun in a small town.  Got it done and got my 8hrs in too.  Good times. 

Today was our first "workout" for the new season!  I'm officially a Cougar! 

Hey now!  that's the name of the group, not my plans! ;-)  Happily married here!

We did 1.7 miles today, not bad for a 25 min walk/jog workout !

I said I wasn't going to do any running yet, but I knew I wasn't going to be challenged enough staying in the walking group again, so I moved myself up 2 goups, hopefully I won't die in week 2!

breakfast oatmeal & strawberries

lunch pizza

dinner zitti & meatballs

1.7mi 25min

GetFit331
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Breakthrough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN