Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Loosing weight with a houseful

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 25 Replies
So my baby is five months old and i've decided now is the time for me to start loosing the baby weight. I recieved the doctors ok to start working out a few months ago.... The only issue I have is when to do it. My kids range from 12 to five months with four of them around time for myself is fewand far between. Not to mention the youngest is still breastfed.... The only time i see is after they are sleep any suggestions?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eema.gray
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Do it WITH your kids. I need to video my kids with me one day, just to prove it. We do an hour to two bours a day, in 20 to 40 minute chunks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM

if you can only do it when they are sleeping then tha's the time. Try getting them to get up and move with you ! My kids love doing what i do.

maryjanelove1
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Some of the kids work out with me.. i am loving the motivation i get thinking of finding a workout buddie to be more consistant
CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take the kids with me. The baby loved (and still does at almost 2) being in the jogger.

I also would wake up before everyone to get in a good solid workout.

mommyofblueyes
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I put the baby gate up, and stick the kids up stairs while I do the shred.  They love yoga, so I tell them if they are good, they can come down and do yoga with me!  If that doesn't work, then workout after they go to bed, or wake up early enough to get a workout in.  

maryjanelove1
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

You have received a Multimedia Message

I was 147 here working to get back to pre-baby weight of 125-130. For me it is about being healthy and a positive self image. I hope to stay on a healthy lifestyle so I will be able to see my grandchildren grow up. In my family between the diabeties, high blood pressure, and many other ilnesses it hasnt been the case. Hopefully with a healthy weight loss plan I will beat those odds. What is your motivation for weight loss?
maryjanelove1
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
For breakfast a bowl if special k
Lunch: fruit bowl
Dinner: Chicken salad
Dessert: Fiber one brownie

Walked fourty-five minutes after dropping off kids from school. Workout video planned after children go to bed. Will update after work out

Quoting maryjanelove1:

I was 147 here working to get back to pre-baby weight of 125-130. For me it is about being healthy and a positive self image. I hope to stay on a healthy lifestyle so I will be able to see my grandchildren grow up. In my family between the diabeties, high blood pressure, and many other ilnesses it hasnt been the case. Hopefully with a healthy weight loss plan I will beat those odds. What is your motivation for weight loss?

3xangel
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Do it before they wake up or afer they go to bed.
3xangel
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Being healthy and looking good naked is my motivation. Remember what your motivation is and cling to it, especially on the days you feel like giving up. You may have to sacrifice something in order to make sure you have time to exercise. Start slow and work your way up make 30 minutes of exercise your goal and bump up the time every month or so. You can do this!

Quoting maryjanelove1:

maryjanelove1
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I have the nightly exersise routine ...but after the day it is hard to keep motivated any suggestions

Quoting 3xangel:

Do it before they wake up or afer they go to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)