Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What's a fun workout to stick to?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
What's an effective and not mundane workout to do at home? My friend's wedding date has just been set and I have a good amount I'd like to lose beforehand. Can't do anything outside yet and don't have a gym membership atm. I have an active 15 month old that does make workouts difficult. Any ideas?
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM
2 moms liked this
At home crossfit wods (workouts)!

Pinterest has tons of ideas too! Backonpointe blog is a great place to start. She has amazing workouts and monthly plans she puts up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:32 AM
I do all sorts...strength, cardio, etc. In addition to pinterest, I use YouTube quite a bit, too. They have all sorts of workout vids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

What do you like to do?  That's a start:)  Find something you love!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I agree with this... Find what you think would be fun and try it. My son is 5 mos and I swear my child doesn't sleep except for when daddy is home to put him down for bedtime... I do sneak in HIIT workouts (just YouTube them)... You just need about 30 mins and get it done.if my son wakes up during my workout...I just restart it again during another mininap. So I get an even longer workout. Jillian Micheal videos...I also do like Bob Harpers videos... And Zumba DVDs when I get bored of or cannot make the gym. Good luck lady!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What do you like to do?  That's a start:)  Find something you love!

LCG83
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been doing Fitness Blenders low impact cardio workouts. I love it because its very easy, but you can adjust it to make it harder if you prefer. They also have tons and tons of videos on YouTube of some of their other workouts. I am hoping to work my way up to those. I have become a big fan of them.
AmyLynn5398
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Also for variety you could rent workout videos at the library and try some different ones to see what you like for free.  Kickboxing, pilates, interval, zumba etc...   the more variety the better chance you will not get bored.  I agree that the HIIT (interval) are great if you want quicker results! 

hudson.maggie
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I mostly enjoy dance workout videos and my biggest loser or 30 day shred videos.
gettinskinny
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM

My kids are older, so I should not have much of an excuse for still having my baby weight, but I used to love going to the park, putting them in a stroller and walking. It really made a difference. Since they are older I have tried gyms, now I just to the It Works skinny wraps and its so easy. I have done really well with this product. I am going to school and working full time so no time to exercise these days :-)

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Crossfire! It's addicting and never the same from one day to the next :)
mommiieof1b2g
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Brazil Butt Lift is AWESOME
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)