Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet friendly dessert

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm going to a friend's for dinner and offered to bring dessert. She's on Weight Watchers and I don't want to subvert her efforts. So...help me out here. What can I take? Doesn't have to be WW. Something fruity would be good. Strawberries are in season here, but it could be anything.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hi_Rae
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
My mil makes a weight watchers cake, its just a box spice cake and a can of pumpkin, mix it together and bake. For topping she serves it with light cool whip.

Or you could do a fruit salad or something similar
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nyxiemist
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I like apples sautéed in coconut oil with cinnamon and shredded unsweetened coconut. I add the coconut when the apples a tender and toast it a bit. You need a good flavorful apple like pink lady apples.

teaching1972
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I,too, am on WW. One of my favorites is a one step angel food cake mix that you add a can of crushed pineapple to.  Just the 2 ingredients. After cooling I top with Cool Whip or whipped cream.  You can also take any cake mix and mix it with a diet soft drink then bake. Some combinations are:

chocolate and cola

white and orange

white and ,lemon lime

white and  strawberry 

yellow and lemon lime

You can use your imagination !

Krystle21
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Frozen yogurt. I love ice cream and I switched to frozen yogurt when im craving something cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Pavlova.

Make meringue (egg whites and sugar, beat until stiff).  Spread out on two greased cookie sheets, one large circle, one medium circle.  Bake at 350 until the tops are lightly browned.

Beat whipped cream.  When the meringues are cool, spread the whipped cream on the large circle, top with fresh sliced strawberries, and put the smaller circle on top.  Repeat with the whipped cream and strawberries.

Cook some strawberries into a thin syrup to drizzle over just before serving.

Looks fancy, very simple.  Perfect combination, LOL.

Aurorasmom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM

simple: buy a boxed angel food cake, mix in one can of crushed pineapple, bake.  serve.  deeeeelish!!  you do not need frosting, but if you prefer it, just use cool whip :)

Mandy575
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I just sent this to you in your in box as well. I have made this and our kids LOVE it and so does my MIL so she made it for thanksgiving and their friends loved it too.

You will need three ingredients. That's it!

First spray your 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Then pour your berries into the pan.

Spread the berries out so that they are all evenly dispersed.

Add dry cake mix over the top. The recipe calls for a white cake mix, but all I had was french vanilla.

Pour soda slowly over cake mix.

DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop - this will give you a 'crust'.

This is what your cobbler will look like before you put it in the oven.

Bake 350 for 45-50 min. This is what it looks like when it is finished.

I ate my Berry Cobbler with a 1/2 cup of No Sugar Added Blue Bell Country Vanilla ice cream.  It was so good!

. . . . . . . . . .
Berry Cobbler
Source: srkautz
Fat: 2.9 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Old Points: 3 pt
Points+: 4 pts+
Approximately 1 can of diet 7-up or other clear soda 
(might need more than 1 can of soda to avoid dry spots) 

Instructions
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the soda  - this will give you a 'crust'. If you stir the two, you will have a cake like topping. 

Bake 350 for 45-50 min or longer until berries are cooked. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)