Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update...in blue:30 Day Shred Journal...that will probably take more than 30 days :)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, I'm the girl that posted the rant about 30ds. Let's start with my stats as of March 18th 2013

5'2"

231 lbs

Waist- 40"

Hips- 46"

Arms-  20"

Thighs- 31"

Bust- 42"

My goal is to be about 135. I am short with a medium/large build. If I get smaller and realize I have a smaller frame...so be it! I hope to be 170lb by the end of the year. My goal is also to be strong. I have a son and want another child and I am learning that this requires a lot of strength and energy. I will journal here about the 30 day shred program because I rarely see it from a point of view of someone my size. I have already lost 13lbs since January 1st with just weight watchers and power walking dvds, as well as Pilates.

I am doing WW in addition to exercise in order to control my intake.

March 18th-- I had to take A LOT of breaks and ended up running in place for a lot of the cardio parts. That was the longest 25 minutes of my life! In order to make sure that I got the proper amount of cardio in, I also did a Leslie Sansone 3 mile power walking DVD.

Anyway, I did pretty good on the strength training parts (of course I did the easy versions of everything). The push ups were the only thing that I couldn't really do. I did it girly style and could only get halfway down. About 10 minutes after finishing, I am already sore. I am determined to keep going, though. I know that this is an important step in strengthing my body. 

March 19th-- So, as you ladies predicted...I can barely walk, sit to pee, or anything else. However, with 2 toddlers running around and having to clean extra well (mother in law is visiting..ugh), I don't have a choice but to move. I think I will do my power walking dvd first today so that my muscles will loosen up and then rest a little and then do the shred. I will update again later and add a picture every week on Friday with my weight since this is my WW weigh in day. 

Ok, I did my power walking DVD and I couldn't sit into any of the movements at all and a couple times my legs started to buckle. I pushed through and finished the 3 miles. After, I did some stretching and attempted some of the movements from 30ds and I just couldn't do it without really injuring myself. I'm going to soak tonight and stretch more and get back on the horse tomorrow. I take solace in the fact that I still did a work out and hope to feel good enough to not want to cry every time I move tomorrow. I know that you are supposed to "push thru", but I know my legs would give out and I would hurt myself. I'm so incredibly sad that I couldn't do 30ds today :(

March 26-  So, I had to take an exercise break due to asthma attacks. I've been doing breathing treatments and the junk is loosening up, but I'm still not 100%. I'm going to try and do my power walk DVD today since it's more moderate than high intensity and see how I do. If it makes my asthma act up (my asthma is exercise and allergy induced so the beginning of Spring sucks for me), I will do it for a couple of days and then try 30 day shred again. If it bothers my lungs, then I will stick with Pilates and try again in a couple of days. I'm super frustrated that I have to start the shred all over again, but if I don't take this exercise break, I'll have to get on steroids for awhile and I don't want to do that. 

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM

:D You are doing great. It took a lot for me when I started, and I still mix up all the exercises, and it hurts a lot. I finally added weights to the mix, and I am hurting over all over again. I love love love JM workouts. 

clearlyme
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Thanks! I don't love her yet. I am in too much pain! lol 

Quoting p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl:

:D You are doing great. It took a lot for me when I started, and I still mix up all the exercises, and it hurts a lot. I finally added weights to the mix, and I am hurting over all over again. I love love love JM workouts. 

Mandy575
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Can I ask if you are taking any supplements to help?

tairakittie
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

WOOHOO!!! What a great start! :D The shred killed me for days, then it became easier, then I did level 2 and died again... in a good way. ;) I did level 1 for almost a month though before moving on to level 2 because I only had comcast on demand at the time and they only had level 1 on there... lol

clearlyme
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Just a multivitamin

Quoting Mandy575:

Can I ask if you are taking any supplements to help?

clearlyme
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

It may take me 30 days to do level 1! lol I'm in no hurry, but at the same time want to keep this journal so that I am accountable and continue to push myself. It hurts so good! lol 

Quoting tairakittie:

WOOHOO!!! What a great start! :D The shred killed me for days, then it became easier, then I did level 2 and died again... in a good way. ;) I did level 1 for almost a month though before moving on to level 2 because I only had comcast on demand at the time and they only had level 1 on there... lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)