Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I hate hearing this...

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

So to try and make a long story short i went to the Doc yesterday. I know i am over weight and obese but i am trying hard VERY hard to get this weight off..i have been going to the gym r doing workouts @ home 5-6 days a week ...i asked to people for weight from last Docs visit and they would no give it to me..i asked 2 people :( also i have been tired and i asked for a vitamin for energy but she said you need to lose this weight ..i just hate hearing that...

Have you ever heard that ur fat or the obese word??

well i am steadily losing which i am feeling good about!!!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jlinville30
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

If all they are going to tell you is that you need to loose this weight I think you need to find a different doctor who will actually sit and talk to you about different energy supplements and I think that you should have been told what your last weigh in was. Doctors should not withhold that information. Yes I have heard the term obese from a trainer at a gym. 

On a lighter happier note :-D Congrats on your progress keep it up!!!! 

Go nikkie! Go nikkie! Go nikkie!

nikkiej2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM

yeah i thought about changing Docs..yeah but thank God now i an look @ my own chart online its new ..i think every doc needs to have that..well thanks for that...Nikkie is getting healthy slowly !!

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Wait! They wouldn't tell you your weight? I would be searching for a new doctor, they should tell you information. They should sit down with you and give you advice, etc...

nikkiej2012
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

they didnt tell it to me...i know you have a lil time with the doc but my doc and the lady that took my blood pressure seem like they dont have time to talk to me o give me support or advice. i just wanted to compare my weight and for my own records.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

That's really strange that they wouldn't give you your weight from your last visit (unless they have some weird system that won't tell them, but that's unlikely).

NO vitamin will magically give you energy, unless you're deficient.  A good multi/prenatal vitamin will fill most holes in peoples' diets.  You are probably tired because of how you eat.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's likely the truth.  It was for me.  I was always exhausted, sleeping 10 hours a night, and just dragging through my days.  When I started eating clean and exercising regularly, my energy soared.  DH was always like, CALM DOWN WOMAN.  LOL (click here to read about eating clean)

I've definitely heard the word obese- my BMI was over 40- morbidly obese.  Loveliness.  Try SCARY.  Even as I was losing weight, I'd hear it at my dr. visits, and how I should try to lose weight.  I was like, um, look at my last weight, and they'd be like, "Oh.  Good job!" 

How is your eating?  Can you give us a day's worth of food work portions to give us a sense, so we can help suss out some areas for improvement?

What are your workouts like?  Can you post a week's worth of workouts, and give us an idea of what you do during them?  Do you monitor your heart rate?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

nikkiej2012
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

wellsorry for the delay.my eating habits are good sort of like today i ate choclate frosted flakes 1 serving ..to be honest i really dont know what i ate but for dinner idid eat rice and turkey necks an kale .i try to workout around 4-6 times a week..i burn a range of caloires no less then 300-1200per workout.yesi have aheart rate monitor and i am in mostly in my heart rate zone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)