Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Had you guys tried JUICING?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hell everyone...

I love juicing, it keeps e helathy and the weight outfor good...

A good docmentary is" fat, sick, nearly dead . Itreally changed my life.

I do have a youtube chanel anout juicing..icheck it this video of mine out and lets juice it togheter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KacLPJRi_U

xoxo,

Babbie

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Punk
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I'm not a fan of juicing. Juicing gives you all the sugar in the fruit but not the fiber that is usually in skins of the fruits.  That much sugar, even natural sugars, need to be offset with fiber and you just dont get that with juicing. 

BabbiePost
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

But it depends ..I juice must organic vegetables combinations.....so the sugar is not there...

and are fresh organic juices.

xoxo.

Babbie

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope.. I don't juice. I prefer whole sources of food. I watched the documentary and was not inspired in the least...as a matter of fact, I find it to be unsafe to do what he did. Having a combination of juiced items once every day or every few days is fine, but there is no real reason to juice as a fast/detox as our bodies are built to do so on their own. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

eema.gray
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Carbohydrate foods, including vegetables, are broken down into various types of sugars. Juicing speeds the digestive process so that, for me at least, a juoce, no matter how fresh and high quality, has the effect of drinking straight up sugar syrup: A burst of enervy followed by a headache and sugar crash.

For me, the plant based diet advocated in that movie made me severely hypoglycemic rather than moderately hypo as I'd been before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I love to juice in the summer, watermelon is my favorite. I'm really into beet, carrot and pear too. So good for breakfast when it's hot out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I'd rather eat my food whole than juice.  Pointless to me.

Sweet_Punk
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Sugar is in ALL fruit and veggies whether its organic or not. 

Quoting BabbiePost:

But it depends ..I juice must organic vegetables combinations.....so the sugar is not there...

and are fresh organic juices.

xoxo.

Babbie

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I've tried a green smoothie someone made for me before.  I think it would be a good snack to have time to time. Some banana, spinach, OJ. yummmmmmmmmmy :D But I've never made my own.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I agree- I'd rather have the whole fruit or veggie.  It's more satisfying.  Juices don't fill me up.

I have studied nutrition, and for most people, it just plain not safe.  It doesn't offer enough macronutrients, and isn't sustainable for most people.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

lydiaharper
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Eh and I just finished a modified juice fast. We juiced breakfast and lunch and ate dinner. It was awesome for us. It helped kick our soft drink habit, and hubby stopped smoking. Gave us more energy and felt tons better (never had a sugar crash or anything). Now, we won't do a long term thing, but as a short term cleanse to help kick our bad habits it was Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN