Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ladies! An update since I haven't been around.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi! Sorry I went MIA for a while - life has been hectic.

Hubby got a promotion at work! A big one! So his schedule changes have thrown us for a loop, but we're adapting and trying to fit everything in we normally did.

A few weeks ago, my neighbor put his 12 year old behind the wheel of his car (WITHOUT him sitting next to him even) in an attempt to teach his kid to back the 5 feet into their driveway.  Kid freaks, slams gas pedal, slams full speed right into the front end of my car.  I go out there, neighbor is so apologetic, says take it somewhere get an estimate and he'll pay cash.  Sure, fine.  We're neighborly.  So I start up my car and it's leaking fluid everywhere.  I have it towed to a shop, it's $3300 to fix my car.  AC/radiator are completely crushed.  Meanwhile my neighbor goes apeshit.  For some reason he thinks I'm making up the damages? He also seemed to think he can tow my car all over the valley and find a good deal so he doesn't have to pay too much.  Uh, no.  I need my car.  Whatever, I spoke to an attorney to find out what my rights are here (obviously I have all of the rights, lol) and then spoke to neighbor who gave me his insurance card.  Smart move, neighbor.  So now my car is in the shop and I am driving a rental until it's being fixed.  Neighborly relations are toast though, lol.

I also went and switched from Youfit to Gold's Gym today and I'm super excited.  Youfit doesn't have childcare and so with DH's new work schedule it was impossible for me to get over there because I have the kids 99% of the time now.  So now I have daycare, body pump, and yoga again.  Super thrilled.  Not to mention DH got a membership also, so we can go together. :)   I'm in operation: get this last 20-30lbs off of my body.

So that's it for me.  I missed you ladies!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

KKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!

We've missed you!  I can't believe that crap with your neighbor- what a tool!  I'm glad it's getting taken care of, at least.

Yay on the promotion and new gym!  Woo hoo!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
WELCOME BACK :D
Congrats on the promotion! I know that's a great feeling! My dh got a promotion last December. We were shocked!
I'm sorry to hear about your car =/ but at least it's getting fixed and no one is hurt.
Good luck on the remaining pounds you have left to lose, you can do it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by Karen on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thank you! And dude, totally agree with you there.  If my car hadn't been there to stop him from going further, who knows how far that kid would have gone.  He could have been hurt or hurt someone else.  Bad judgement on his parent's part, for sure.

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

WELCOME BACK :D
Congrats on the promotion! I know that's a great feeling! My dh got a promotion last December. We were shocked!
I'm sorry to hear about your car =/ but at least it's getting fixed and
no one is hurt.
Good luck on the remaining pounds you have left to lose, you can do it!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I've missed you mama!!!

cherokeegoddess
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

why would anyone let a 12 yr old behind the wheel??  welcome back. :)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Wow dumb neighbor! Everything else sounds great though! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Wow! Just wow! Glad to hear thing for the most part are good with you though! Congrats to the DH on the promo and you'll lose those last lbs in no time! Keep us posted!!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Wow! Your neighbor is an idiot! Congrats on everything else! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)