Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Family Finally On Board

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

It has taken me a long time, but I have finally started to get through to my family. Mostly my hubby. My oldest son has always been receptive to eating healthy and being active but hubby, not so much. I've been helping my hubby eat better for the passed month and a half. 2 Days ago, we added in exercise. I've been eating better and exercising for a year today. He hasn't done any real exercise in years. I have a schedule planned out for us. Here he is after yesterdays workout. What do you think, did I work him good? :)

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emelymac
by Emely on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

That's awesome. I wish I could work on this with DH, but to be honest he is annoying as heck when it comes to weight loss. lol He doesn't listen to a word I say about it. He thinks he knows exactly what he is doing even though he hasn't tried to lose weight in over 10 years. The ladies in this group would have a field day if I were to tell them everything that he is trying to do as of late to lose weight. lol 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Go mama!!  That's awesome!  I wish I could get DH on board.  He'd sure benefit!  But he's not mentally there yet.  Someday, I hope!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Good for you! It makes quite a difference when your spouse is on board.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

DuncansMommy
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Sounds like my hubby to be honest except he's never really tried anything to lose weight. He's basically doing this for me. I think he's tired of me harping on him. I just want him to be healthy and around to see our kids grow up. He's a big guy. 6'3 and 270+ pounds.

Quoting emelymac:

That's awesome. I wish I could work on this with DH, but to be honest he is annoying as heck when it comes to weight loss. lol He doesn't listen to a word I say about it. He thinks he knows exactly what he is doing even though he hasn't tried to lose weight in over 10 years. The ladies in this group would have a field day if I were to tell them everything that he is trying to do as of late to lose weight. lol 

DuncansMommy
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Thanks. I am elated! It has taken a long time. He was 50lbs lighter when we met and I have yo yoed for years. This time has been much different though, maybe that's part of the reason I'm finally getting through to him. Good luck, hope one day yours will come around! :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Go mama!!  That's awesome!  I wish I could get DH on board.  He'd sure benefit!  But he's not mentally there yet.  Someday, I hope!

DuncansMommy
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

It really does! It's only been 3 days of working out together but I am so happy and proud of him!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good for you! It makes quite a difference when your spouse is on board.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Looks like a good workout! Great job getting everyone motivated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DuncansMommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM

THANKS!! :)

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Looks like a good workout! Great job getting everyone motivated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)