Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

diet pills

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
Has any of u used diet pills and which one work the best
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

You won't find many woman in this group that have used or will ever use diet pills...my suggestion? a clean diet & exercise...there are no "magic pills" and they are terrible for you.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yep.  What she^ said!

paulenegriff
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Oh ok thank you I didn't know that I'm just getting started and was wondering what everybody was doing and what works
ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Try to drink 8 cups of water a day and cut out sugary drinks. I really feel this is the best first step to weight loss! Make sure you are eating enough and choosing healthy food. Start working out, even if it is just stretching everyday. EAT BREAKFAST! This really helps!

Quoting paulenegriff:

Oh ok thank you I didn't know that I'm just getting started and was wondering what everybody was doing and what works

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting paulenegriff:

You will find that many of the ladies in here track calories, eat cleanly ( no processed foods), exercise and drink water. 

If you want to try counting calories, I can help you with that one by doing your BMR and giving you the correct range of calories to eat. 

Exercise- you have to find what you enjoy. It will be easier to stick with. Personally, I'm a runner, and I pull weights, and do other workouts as well. 

Diet: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, seafood, limited beef and pork, greek yogurt

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, avocadoes, nuts, nut butters, ghee ( clarified butter)

Produce: fresh and frozen

Whole grains if you choose to eat them: pastas, breads, tortillas, barley, lentils, cereals and oats

Dairy: if you choose to eat it.

Water: Take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

If you want me to do your BMR, I need your age, weight, height and the number of days per week you plan on working out and whether you are breastfeeding or not. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

mrsraygyar
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Quoting rileysmommy229:

You won't find many woman in this group that have used or will ever use diet pills...my suggestion? a clean diet & exercise...there are no "magic pills" and they are terrible for you.

I used adipex (sp?) under doctor supervision last summer and loved my results I lost 10/15 pounds in a month and had CRAZY energy. I only lasted a month on it though because for no reason I would just shake. This scared me really bad and I ended up stopping it. In one month I gained back 20+ pounds!! Although frustrating, the best thing is diet and exercise. 

Sweet_Punk
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

eat clean, exercise, drink water... that's what works.  Between all the women in here we've probably collectively tried it all.  There are no magic pills... you may lose weight temporarily with them but it always comes back and usually you do more damage to your heart than anything else. The best way to lose weight is the slow old fashioned way... hot bods are made in the kitchen!  Eat clen and exercise! 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I'm on the eat clean and exercise train.  I actually have a whole journal about what's working for me here, and another about eating clean here.  I have another here with links to resources.  Good luck, mama!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

paulenegriff
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I'm 26. Im 265 5/10 and plan on working out 5day a week and not breast feeding

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting paulenegriff:

You will find that many of the ladies in here track calories, eat cleanly ( no processed foods), exercise and drink water. 

If you want to try counting calories, I can help you with that one by doing your BMR and giving you the correct range of calories to eat. 

Exercise- you have to find what you enjoy. It will be easier to stick with. Personally, I'm a runner, and I pull weights, and do other workouts as well. 

Diet: 

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, avocadoes, nuts, nut butters, ghee ( clarified butter)

Whole grains if you choose to eat them: pastas, breads, tortillas, barley, lentils, cereals and oats

Water: Take your weight and divide by 2. This is a general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

If you want me to do your BMR, I need your age, weight, height and the number of days per week you plan on working out and whether you are breastfeeding or not. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Quoting paulenegriff:

I'm 26. Im 265 5/10 and plan on working out 5day a week and not breast feeding

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting paulenegriff:

Diet: 

First, let me explain what BMR is. BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive-think things like digestion, blood flow, organ functions- day to day survival essentially. Once you add activity, you have to consume more to offset that activity. 

BMR: 1975 ( this is what your body would burn if you laid in bed and breathed and did nothing else)

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1975*1.55=3061

To lose 1 lb per week: 3061-500=2561

Your ideal calorie range is 1975-2561 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Now, if you want to lose 2 lbs per week: 3061-1000=2061

Your ideal calorie range would be 1975-2061 calories per day to lose 2 lbs per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN