Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Found a flavored water for the soda-addicts trying to lose weight (like me lol)

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

I will be the 1st to admit, I love soda. I have always been addicted. My husband would always be dissapointed to see me go thru a 12 pack in like 3 days- sometimes less.  =/

I have been trying out different flavored waters I could switch over to, and found something called Clear American water at walmart. I bought a 12-pack, I didn't realize- it's carbonated!

There are tons of flavors. Zero calories, zero sodium, no juice, no nothing in this stuff. Best part? because of the carbonation, it tastes just like soda. IMO, it is actually better tasting than most sodas!

I highly recommend it to people trying to drink less soda/cut soda out of their diet completely. Just by switching to this stuff I have lost a decent amount of weight lol. 

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colins_mom
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I get the quenchers from meijer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this
ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS! ! EVEN WORSE!
ShanMarie85
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Gonna try it! Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM

sweet! I LOVE Meijer but since we moved, there's not one anywhere near us :'( lol

Quoting colins_mom:

Sweet_Punk
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Yep! I was just about to comment this same thing!! 

OP - if you're looking for something to replace soda with bc of the carbonation try Perrier sparkling water! It comes in lemon, lime, and pink grapefruit!  The lime is my fave... it doesn't taste sweet like soda but you get a little flavor with the carbonation that many of us soda addicts (or former in my case) love! 

giving up soda for something packed with artificial sweetener is pointless!  

Quoting GoldenLinds:

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I get eco water from Sam's club, they aren't carbonated and that is what I am staying away from as well as the artificial sweetners.  They are sweetened with stevia, which is a natural sweetener.

EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
That has aspartame... No better than diet soda
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
where did you mive to? (I work for Meijer and might be able to help.you find ine)

Quoting ACDC_fan:

sweet! I LOVE Meijer but since we moved, there's not one anywhere near us :'( lol

Quoting colins_mom:

crazy4u49033
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Try lacroix water. It's carbonated, but sweetener free!
ACDC_fan
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I will definitely try Perrier, thanks for the suggestion! I'm just thrilled that there are waters out there that can satisfy my soda craving lol. I only drink one clear american water a day :P 

I also drink Fruit 2o water. not carbonated but all their flavors taste delicious to me :) 

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Yep! I was just about to comment this same thing!! 

OP - if you're looking for something to replace soda with bc of the carbonation try Perrier sparkling water! It comes in lemon, lime, and pink grapefruit!  The lime is my fave... it doesn't taste sweet like soda but you get a little flavor with the carbonation that many of us soda addicts (or former in my case) love! 

giving up soda for something packed with artificial sweetener is pointless!  

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)