Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Insanity?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have recently recieved the Insanity Workout DVD set as a birthday present. I have heard scary stories about the intensity of this workout program. Has anyone else tried the Insanity Workout? And any thoughts about its effectiveness?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

It is a wonderful program. You will see results...IF you put in the effort and eat very well. Insanity is well..insane. It is scary, I'm not going to lie to you about it. It is not designed for beginners so if you are new to working out, I would suggest that you start with something easier and build up to it. 

I'm a graduate of Insanity, Asylum and many other BB programs as well as a former coach so let me know if you have questions. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM

There are lots of people in here that have done it or are doing it.  If you're a beginner, I'd suggest trying a Jillian Michaels DVD like 30 Day Shred before you jump into Insanity, but if you're already in okay shape, you might be okay.  I just got myself a copy, but I need to clear some stuff that landed in my living room before I can start it.

Overall, I've heard nothing bad about it.  Lots of good reports!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

TurboMom81
I realize that I will never get back to my original weight. I am okay with that. Besides 9 pounds 9 ounces just isn't realistic. ;-) Saw that on a t-shirt and loved it! LOL
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I did it for a week and a half and had to stop. It was too much to soon. However I did mix it with ChaLEAN Extreme and lost 18 pounds in 12 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I'm doing it. I stop if it gets too much. Loving my results!
itsm3
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! one of the best program out there.  eat right, eat your calories!! and follow the program.  the fat will just melt off of you.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM

my friend is in the army and they use those videos during drill weekends when they are getting ready for pt, she also said they did those in basic too

loisl25
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I haven't tried it, but I have a really tough one. Jerry love's Extremely ripped. When I was in better shape before my pregnancy I used to do it, and I couldn't always finish it. I'm not attempting it again until I'm in better shape.
Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I've tried it, and it produces great results.  But it is definitely intense for beginners, especially if you aren't that active to begin with.  You are guaranteed to be sore the next day, considering you're putting the right effort into it. It's high impact and personally hurt my knees, 'cause there's a lot of jumping and getting up and down for different exercises.  Skim through the video and see if you can personaly handle it before jumping into it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)