Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

so very hungry lately!

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
By evening all I want is carbs! Help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Ug, evening cravings are the worst!!  How much time is there between your last meal and bedtime?  I try not to leave more than 2 hours, otherwise, I'm too hungry to sleep well.

If you're craving carbs, fruit or popcorn can be good.  I wouldn't do anything too hard on the stomach too close to bedtime, because it can interfere with sleep, so carbs are actually a good way to go.  Just be sure to make wise choices, and consider those carbs when you're eating your other meals and snacks throughout the day (meaning, save some carbs for the evening).  Evening snacks don't have to be the enemy, but they do need to be factored into your day if you opt to have them.  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

3cutiebugs
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
We eat at about 5:30 and I try to be in bed by 11. I normally have popcorn, string cheese, or almonds/peanuts around 8. Just lately I eat dinner and then want a sandwich or potatoes or cereal within an hour and want to eat again around 8 then snack until bedtime ...
Thanks for the advice! It actually reminded me that bananas help you get sleepy in the evenings, so I'm gonna pick some up to help the night cravings :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Ug, evening cravings are the worst!!  How much time is there between your last meal and bedtime?  I try not to leave more than 2 hours, otherwise, I'm too hungry to sleep well.

If you're craving carbs, fruit or popcorn can be good.  I wouldn't do anything too hard on the stomach too close to bedtime, because it can interfere with sleep, so carbs are actually a good way to go.  Just be sure to make wise choices, and consider those carbs when you're eating your other meals and snacks throughout the day (meaning, save some carbs for the evening).  Evening snacks don't have to be the enemy, but they do need to be factored into your day if you opt to have them.  =)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)