Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck at 130!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

So I have lost about 11 pounds, about 2 months ago I got to 130.  I am proud to announce that I have not gone back up above 130, but i can't seem to get below it, no matter how much i work out, eat healthy, am i just stuck at 130 forever now?  i know its still a healthy weight but i want my belly fat gone.  I think i need to stop looking at the number and start looking at how my shirts fit

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMDS0304
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I'm jealous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

i'm sorry, not trying to make anyone jealous.  I was 100 lbs before I got preggo with my dd, so eventhough i know i'm still small, i don't really feel small,  all i see is that tummy that used to be flat that will not get flat no matter what i do

Quoting AMDS0304:

I'm jealous!

AMDS0304
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
It's ok.. Yes I use to be small too I was 110 before I met dh and then after kids I haven't been able to lose it :(

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

i'm sorry, not trying to make anyone jealous.  I was 100 lbs before I got preggo with my dd, so eventhough i know i'm still small, i don't really feel small,  all i see is that tummy that used to be flat that will not get flat no matter what i do

Quoting AMDS0304:

I'm jealous!

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I'm jealous too, lol. I've been stuck stuck in the 140's.

loisl25
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I feel your pain. I'm short, 5'3, and 130 is what I normally weigh, when I'm not dealing with pregnancy or post pregnancy weight. I do feel lucky in that once I get down to 130 again it's not at all hard to stay there, BUT a long time ago I was 115, and I've been trying so hard to get back to that ever since, and I have SO much trouble getting below 130, and once I do, every pound is a huge struggle. I think the best I've done is once when I was strictly following the south beach diet, and exersizing really hard for like 2 hours or more per day, I got to like 118. Also, I've ALWAYS had a pouch belly, and that! ! diet? made my belly flat for the first time.
loisl25
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Sorry, on my tablet, anyway; I know how you feel with people not taking your weight loss difficulties seriously because it's just a few, ''vainity pounds''. I, too, am used to hearing expressions of jealousy rather than sympathy and support and I know how frustrating it is. On the one hand,yes, we are lucky not to have an e/travel 100 lbs to struggle with rather than 10 or 15, but we still aren't where we want to bee, and the less you have to lose, the harder you have to fight for every pound. Good luck!
loisl25
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Stupid tablet! The typos are the tablet's fault!
blueeyedpixie
by Sarah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Good luck!!! I hope you find a way to either lose the weight or get ur flat belly back!!:) I have a huge flabby belly right now:( but I'm working on losing the weight first(I started last month and I'm down 7 lbs, currently at 175. My goal is 140). And then I will have the struggle of getting the flat belly again:(

I have been on Pinterest pinning many different exercises to flatten the belly other then crunches. Maybe check it out:)
jordynsmom08
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I know how you feel!!! I'm stuck at 142 and have been for almost a month! I think I need to hardcore switch up my exercise but have no motivation to do so. :(

eema.gray
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this
A belly problem is a kitchen problem :-) You need to eat very clean and strength train to get rid of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)