Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Officially starting my weight loss journey!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

I wanted to loss weight last yr and started to and then surprisingly became pregnant. I started my pregnancy weighing ...(gulp) 256lbs. I lost a few lbs in te begining and went down to 249lbs. I ended my pregnancy 10days ago at just over 280 : ( (I hated seeing these numbers and being sooooooo close to 300lbs and weighing more than I have ever weighed in life).

Well I had my baby 10 days ago and I have already lost my baby weight! I am down to 246 (of course my scale could be a little off, but it is still great).  My first small goal was losing the baby weight and since I have done that I am officially starting my weight lost journey  : )

My first big goal is to get under 200lbs. I am setting small goals until then so that I have something to work toward. My ideal goal is to get to be were I feel comfortable in my body. I imagine that weight will be around 140. I feel like a 100lbs goal is HUGE and that I might not be able to get to it. Setting small goals will hopefully make it seem with in reach though. 

Wish me luck : )

How are you weight lost goals going? What keeps you motivated? How do you do it?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Good luck! Setting an example of healthy lifestyle for my kids is my motivation. I cut out sugary drinks and we are working on having a'clean' processed free diet. I am 30 lbs lighter than I was March 2013
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vivi72
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You can do it sounds like you have a great plan together and I'll definatly be here to cheer you on.!

lailaz12345
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Way to go on losing all the baby weight.You can do it!!! I had a baby 10 months ago and have just lost all of my baby weight, so I am in the same boat as you are.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on your new little one!

I started about where you are- 269 lbs, with a goal of getting to 160 (have since readjusted that to 134- half my original weight!).  I hit my initial goal after about 2.5 years, and I've kept it off for at least 6 months now, almost a year.  I'm in nursing school, so I haven't lost more (did gain back a couple, but I expected that, and am taking steps to lose it again).  I have a journal about my journey here.  I also have one about eating clean, another with some tips, and one more with resources

You can do this!!  Good luck, mama!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Congrats on both the baby and making the decision to get healthier. I just want to say...be careful and take it easy. You only had your baby 10 days (okay, maybe 12 now) but get a clearance from your doc before doing too much. Start by eating better, watching portion sizes and drinking LOTS of water....small goals will make it manaegeable....5-10 pound goals at a time, with a reward after each one. You can do it, one day at a time!

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Thank YOU!!!  I started paying attention and "limiting" my calories... and only managed to drop 8lbs.  I couldn't get the generic green sweetener so I got a huge bag of basically generic splenda... and three of those pounds came back :(  Thanks for showing me what needs to be done, and how to do it, and that it CAN be done :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on your new little one!

I started about where you are- 269 lbs, with a goal of getting to 160 (have since readjusted that to 134- half my original weight!).  I hit my initial goal after about 2.5 years, and I've kept it off for at least 6 months now, almost a year.  I'm in nursing school, so I haven't lost more (did gain back a couple, but I expected that, and am taking steps to lose it again).  I have a journal about my journey here.  I also have one about eating clean, another with some tips, and one more with resources

You can do this!!  Good luck, mama!

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My goal is going good. I am down 51.5 pounds with 13.5 more to go. At first my motivation was to get healthy and look better for my hubby and myself. Now my motivation is just to look the way I want and with being so close to my final goal there is no way I am giving up now.

i cut out all drinks but water. I cut out all sweets. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my eating and exersise. I started eating smaller portions and less snacks and count my calories. And I ride my exersise bike everyday. 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

butterflycircle
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You are absolutly right. I had my baby less than 2 weeks ago and so I do have to take it easy still. This is driving me crazy lol. I have so much energy here lately and I can walk faster and move easier now that I am not pregnant. Losing the baby weight has been a  huge encouragement. I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy. I haven't done any excersizing yet. I am still limiting my stairs even. I am not going to start doing any realy exersizing until after my 6week check up. I might start taking walks before that as long as I feel up to it.

Today I tried on my regular jeans and they fit! I went to the grocery store with out wearing maternity anything. I felt great and it was very insirping. I didn't buy any junk food (other than a chocolate bunny for each of my kids easter baskets) and I didn't even have to convince myself not to : )

I loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies at the store. I cannot wait to start moving more but in the mean time you are 100% right I need to focus on eating right and drinking lots of water : ) Thank you for your advice!

Quoting wahmx3:

Congrats on both the baby and making the decision to get healthier. I just want to say...be careful and take it easy. You only had your baby 10 days (okay, maybe 12 now) but get a clearance from your doc before doing too much. Start by eating better, watching portion sizes and drinking LOTS of water....small goals will make it manaegeable....5-10 pound goals at a time, with a reward after each one. You can do it, one day at a time!

butterflycircle
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! that is great to be so close to your goal and to have lost such an amount! I am sure you can get the last few lbs off after all of that! How inspiring!

I cannot wait to be in that possition and be so close to my ideal weight! MY reasons are a lot like yours. I want my husband to have a wife that other people see and go "wow" lol or at least not "Ew" (no one has that I know of, of course). I want my husband to look at my lustfully more (even though he says he likes the way I look and he even was telling his friend he was checkin me out just the other day after loosing the baby weight). Of course I want to be healthy too and I want to set a good example for my kids as well and play with them and run with them and not have to worry about if I did get pregnant again how my huge weight would effect things.

I only drink water as it is other than the occasional orange juice in the morning (probably happens less than once a month). I am working on cutting out the sweets. Our house is sweets free as of tonight : ) I haven't heard of myfitnesspal. I will look into that : ) 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

My goal is going good. I am down 51.5 pounds with 13.5 more to go. At first my motivation was to get healthy and look better for my hubby and myself. Now my motivation is just to look the way I want and with being so close to my final goal there is no way I am giving up now.

i cut out all drinks but water. I cut out all sweets. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my eating and exersise. I started eating smaller portions and less snacks and count my calories. And I ride my exersise bike everyday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)