Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somewhat of an acheivement...

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 19 Replies
I used to put about 2 tablespoons of sugar in my coffee. Yeah I know rediculous. I have been weaning myself off of it. Today I only put 1 1/3 TEAspoon in my coffee. I'm getting there! I still can't drink it without sugar. Also at work the coffee is NASTY and horrible. I used to put 12 packets of sugar in it. The other day I only put 4 (I usually don't drink coffee at work but I was on call the night before and only got 3 hrs of sleep)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cara124
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I wean myself off sugar in my coffee with Sugar free flavored creamers
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

That is an accomplishment!  I used to put a ton of sugar and creamer in my coffee, too.  Now I drink it black.  I can't say it's as enjoyable as it once was, but I never was a huge coffee drinker to begin with.  One cup a day does it for me =)

kaycersmom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I need to cut back too, i put creamer and sugar in mine yikes but its so good lol
Way to go!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Woo hoo!!  Great job stepping it down!

I'm still working on this myself- I'm down to about 1/3 packet of Splenda (trying to wean off of it completely). Trying to cut back on the milk, too... we'll get there.  At least it's nonfat!

My face is literally puckering at the idea of 12 packets of sugar!  LOL  That's SOOOO sweet!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:32 AM
The coffee is incredibly gross though. No one at work can stand it...we have a Starbucks in the lower level but this coffee is free and accessible. I had to put more sugar in it to mask the taste. I still put more than I would in a cup of coffee from home

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm still working on this myself- I'm down to about 1/3 packet of Splenda (trying to wean off of it completely). Trying to cut back on the milk, too... we'll get there.  At least it's nonfat!

My face is literally puckering at the idea of 12 packets of sugar!  LOL  That's SOOOO sweet!!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Great job! I recently went down from two tsp of sugar to one tsp in my coffee too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Good for you!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yeah, I know how that is.  What about bringing in your own coffee?  Is that a possibility?  Or taking in a coffee pot?

Quoting armygirl16:

The coffee is incredibly gross though. No one at work can stand it...we have a Starbucks in the lower level but this coffee is free and accessible. I had to put more sugar in it to mask the taste. I still put more than I would in a cup of coffee from home

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM

yeah- I'm not ready to cut down on my splenda/ cramer ...yet ;)

Good for you though for working on it :)

*and that must be REALLY BAD coffee- to require 12 packets of sugar!  wow

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I have brought in some before but when I do it isn't just for me, it's for everyone. I will usually only get a cup then I'll have to go to a room and I'll be stuck in there all night. And $2 a day for 1 cup of coffee isn't worth it. It is the industrial size coffee things, not a pot. I don't have a pot at home, I just use my Keurig.

Quoting musicpisces:

Yeah, I know how that is.  What about bringing in your own coffee?  Is that a possibility?  Or taking in a coffee pot?

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)