Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adderal ??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone been on Adderal ? I was on it for years. The doctors would tell me that i needed to eat all the time. so i wouldnt  be anorexia.. well i have been off of it for a year. it has been  a hard year. i joined weight watchers. and i lost 30 lbs. well i started to gain it back. i am so used to having to eat.. ( my brain has been trained to think this way) now i don't know how to train my self to not eat all the time.. 

I have done great for like a week at times where i only eat when i need to do. but then the weekend comes or whatever and i binge horribly for a month..

i can't go to the doctor. sense i have no insurance..

so i am hopeing some one can help me on here.

i am going to my weight watchers meeting saturday and going to talk to my leader and see what kind of advice she can give me .. but i thought i would start here.

SO please momma's anything would be helpful.

Which so all of you know , i do have a huge  problem with telling myself NO.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been on Adderal, but I've dealt with overeating out of habit (30 years of bad habit).  It's REALLY hard to break, I know.  It took a very conscious effort to stop before I was full (really, I don't have to clear my plate??), or to ask myself if I was ACTUALLY hungry when I'd walk into the kitchen.

You can try hanging your list of reasons to lose weight, a picture, or some kind of sign on the fridge if that works for you.  Hopefully your group leader will have some good ideas!

Good luck with WW!  I think it's a fantastic program!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I've never been on it mama...hugs!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never been on adderal but over eating is what caused my weight gain.

What has helped me is portion sizes. I started out reading labels. I break out the measuring cups and spoons constantly. At first using smaller plates totally helped!

Now I feel satisfied without going back for seconds and thirds and I am conscious about my snacking.

It takes practice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

No, hopefully some one can help give you advice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)