Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

UGH 193 pounds :(

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I need to lose this weight i cant stand to feel like this in 2011 i busted my ass and well lets say i was going thru a hard time in my married life i was 154 i have gained 40 pounds in 2 years ugh I told my husband I am tired of talking about it and not doing anything about it :( I need to get my ass to it last summer i was so uncomfortable i always wore a sweater even if it was 90 out side hell not not this summer I have a mission to lose some weight one because I am a cow and because I want to be healthier and feel better about my self before i get pregnant I have a miscarriage last month :( but my body isnt what it use to be like when I had my one and only son 8 years ago.......

On a mission ladies

treadmill

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Welcome to the group!!! The ladies here are super supportive and a great resource. 

creoletexan
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do it!! I was 230 after I had my son, 264lbs the day i gave birth, so I changed my diet and took up running and I was down to 155lbs by his first birthday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

You can do it. I started 40 lbs higher than you and Now 2 years later i'm in the 130s. 

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Could always be worse ;)

childofGod995
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM

what i have recently started doing was drink a lot more water than i use to. i use to eat more than i drank and now i work out at the gym for 5 days a week starting next week.I also have 2 protein drinks a day and then a regular meal .i just started losing a few pounds in the last 3 days.

I_need_a_name
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I wish I was at your weight right now lol
You can do it mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missy--kay
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM
4 moms liked this

First of all, you are NOT a cow. Enough of the negative self talk. Love yourself and you will realize that YOU are worth it!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting missy--kay:

First of all, you are NOT a cow. Enough of the negative self talk. Love yourself and you will realize that YOU are worth it!

THIS.  Negativity doesn't benefit anything- time to start talking nicely to yourself!  You wouldn't let anyone else talk to you that way, right?  Then why is it okay for YOU to say those things?  You DESERVE to feel good, and be proud of who you are!

I was 75+ lbs heavier than you when I started.  I'm on my way to the 130s (in the 160s now), and it's a lot of work, but it's worth it!  You can do it!  If you need tips or guidance we can offer some of that.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Esper2142008
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Awww.... I love the support already thanks ladies I need all the support I can get I'm not waiting till monday to start I started today I ate better today tomorrow I am going for a 3 mile walk while my 8 year old son rides his bike no more wasting time because I can't get it back one day out of a time I know its gonna take time and i can....

I do love my self just not the extra 40 pounds :(

I was 196 the day I had my son I am only 3 pounds from that :( this is the most I have ever weighted and i am not even pregnant but I want to get down to at least between 150-160 then we willcan start trying for our 2nd child I cant wait :) that's my motivation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Woo hoo for starting NOW!!!  Do it while you're motivated!  Great job on making better choices today!!  Celebrate those successes, mama, because they'll get you through the harder times (which of course we all face along the way).  You can also post them here- I'm sure you've seen plenty of those posts here!  We all can appreciate those non-scale victories (NSVs)!!  It's really the cumulation of all of those small things that add up to BIG results!

Babies can be great motivation!  It's amazing how much weight really can affect fertility.  Hopefully this'll be just what you need, and you'll have the tools to keep your weight gain within a healthy range for the next pregnancy!!

Quoting Esper2142008:

Awww.... I love the support already thanks ladies I need all the support I can get I'm not waiting till monday to start I started today I ate better today tomorrow I am going for a 3 mile walk while my 8 year old son rides his bike no more wasting time because I can't get it back one day out of a time I know its gonna take time and i can....

I do love my self just not the extra 40 pounds :(

I was 196 the day I had my son I am only 3 pounds from that :( this is the most I have ever weighted and i am not even pregnant but I want to get down to at least between 150-160 then we willcan start trying for our 2nd child I cant wait :) that's my motivation

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)