Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

A Long Journey Ahead of me!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

My name is Pamela, and it feels that every year around my birthday (in January), I step on the scale and almost pass out when I see the number.  I know that I have a lot to lose, but never new it would be that much.  I am 5'11", and would love to see myself under 200 lbs.  Well, this year I was a little late in starting my healthy eating and exercise.  Well March rolled around, and I stepped on the scale once again.  OMG!! 242 lbs!!! GASP!!!  I knew that I had to get started right away.  I cut my portions, started supplements, and an exercise regime.  Now 22 days later, and I have lost about 8 lbs.  Would love to keep it up and going, find new ideas for weight and inches to be lost, and support from others here going through the same weightloss journey.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ldylancer03
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Good job. Keep up the great work :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Welcome, Pamela!  Great job on those first 8 lbs!  That's AWESOME!!

What supplements are you using?  Just be wary- many of them are dangerous, and if they're meal replacements, they can keep you from learning how to make real foods that will satisfy your needs, which sets you up for regaining in the end.  Most supplements have dangerous side effects like heart palpitations and organ damage.  Yikes!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I am down 110 pounds in 2.5 years.  298 pounds to 189.  And still going...

My main piece of advice: Be patient.  Weight loss is not supposed to be a quick process.  It it is, chances are really good that you didnt' learn what you needed--so you are going to gain the weight back.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

You have come to the right place!  The people here are supportive and helpul :)

Remember that this will take time, and often can be frustrating- just do NOT quit ;)

also if you make little goals (like drinking x amount of water a day or working out x amount of min. a day) it wil help you want to keep going and not break your streak you have going ...and as you go you can build on them

You can do this :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Welcome!  Great job mama!

smj1394
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Congrats - your heading in the right direction!  Keep up the hard work and you can do it!

MommaChelleB
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Are you following any type of meal plan? My husband is doing his own weight loss journey and he lost 17 lbs his first week (we both about passed out lol), but we are following a weight loss plan. Just cutting portions may not work for everyone, he does 2 days low carb, 1 day high carb, repeat, then 7th day free day (along with his products) - and we are buying low sodium, fat free, no sugar, etc. type foods.

pamelakeller
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Actually, right now I am talking a Reliv supplement.  It is not really for weight loss, but people who have been on it, have lost weight.  To be honest with you, it is for inflammatory health, heart health,  and antioxidants.  The reason why I am taking it, is because I have back issues, and it allows me to exercise with less stiffness and pain.

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome, Pamela!  Great job on those first 8 lbs!  That's AWESOME!!

What supplements are you using?  Just be wary- many of them are dangerous, and if they're meal replacements, they can keep you from learning how to make real foods that will satisfy your needs, which sets you up for regaining in the end.  Most supplements have dangerous side effects like heart palpitations and organ damage.  Yikes!!

pamelakeller
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Thanks!  I will try to be more patient.  Right now, I am cutting out sweets, portion sizes, drinking more water, and exercising.  I know that weight will go down more when I completely change my eating habits.

Quoting CLEKate:

I am down 110 pounds in 2.5 years.  298 pounds to 189.  And still going...

My main piece of advice: Be patient.  Weight loss is not supposed to be a quick process.  It it is, chances are really good that you didnt' learn what you needed--so you are going to gain the weight back.

pamelakeller
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Thanks! 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

You have come to the right place!  The people here are supportive and helpul :)

Remember that this will take time, and often can be frustrating- just do NOT quit ;)

also if you make little goals (like drinking x amount of water a day or working out x amount of min. a day) it wil help you want to keep going and not break your streak you have going ...and as you go you can build on them

You can do this :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)