Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

i need help.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

i cannot stay motivated! i reach the 15 lb mark and freeze everytime. i get lazy about working out, i don't watch my calories like i should...it's just not good. i don't know why 15 lbs is such a big deal but i hate myself a little. i never gain more than 2-3 lbs but i'm not losing because i lose motivation. what do you do to stay motivated? any tricks i can try?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
liveforever
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Im having the same problem at the 10lb mark. I just had to tell myself to keep on it so I dont reverse all the hard work I put in. I still havent really budged on the scale but I can tell a difference in how things fit. That really kicked my butt back into gear. Good luck!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Ug, that's the worst!  I was just just talking to another member about this kind of thing- the self-sabbotage that seems to happen when you hit a certain goal or are doing really well and see the results of it.

Sometimes, just giving yourself a day or whatever to be "naughty" when you hit a goal like that, especially one that's consistently a significant number for you (many of us have "that" number!), and then move forward.  Focus on your goal, and WHY you want to achieve it.  Is it worth the self-sabbotage your subject yourself to?  You deserve to hit your goals AND to MAINTAIN them!  You have it within you to make it happen!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

make small goals that can be reached every day- like drinking so much water, or doing some kind of movement for so many min. EVERY day...as you reach them you will get a streak of so many days going and you won't want to break that!  *at least that's how I started out with all this- then as you go -just build on them (more water- more min. or whatever)

also, I think we have to get to a place where we are just DONE and decide that nothing is going to stop us, and if you aren't there yet- then you aren't there yet.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Keep going mama...hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)