Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Cleanse?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
Have any of you done a cleanse? And I'm not talking the "lose 10 lbs in 7 days by only drinking nasty juice" cleanse, I mean a cleanse to rid your body of the toxins and help get your body ready for weightloss promoted by healthier eating. I would like to hear some personal experiences and learn a little bit more about it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Ive done the Jillian Michaels 14 day Cleanse and Detox... I def felt less bloated afterwards. You eat "regular" meaning she doesn't offer you a meal plan or anything. 

eema.gray
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Drink enough to pee colorless.

Eat a njtrient rich diet that promotes 2 or 3 stools per day (laxatives do not count, fiber or magnesium supplements do count).

Work up a good sweat for twenty minutes a day. A sauna or steam bath counts.

Breath deeply from your belly several times a day. A monute or two before you eat, every time you eat helps clear your lungs but also promotes a relaxed aware state in which you are less likely to thoughtlessly scarf a 1000 calories in one sitting.

Our bodies are designed to detox on their own. Your job is to aet up the right conditions through food and lifestyle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yep.  This.

Quoting eema.gray:

Eat a njtrient rich diet that promotes 2 or 3 stools per day (laxatives do not count, fiber or magnesium supplements do count).

Breath deeply from your belly several times a day. A monute or two before you eat, every time you eat helps clear your lungs but also promotes a relaxed aware state in which you are less likely to thoughtlessly scarf a 1000 calories in one sitting.

Our bodies are designed to detox on their own. Your job is to aet up the right conditions through food and lifestyle.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting eema.gray:

Thanks! You prevented me from having to type out a lengthy response about NOT cleansing! :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
This

Quoting eema.gray:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ace2mom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I have done a cleanse, the healthy ones, it was amazing and it really jump started the weight loss for me. I have info if you would like some.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM

This- I agree!!  Especially the bit in red!

Quoting eema.gray:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN