Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

First 5k (Still kicking myself!)

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
I raced my first 5k yesterday! It was a GREAT experience. It was a small event with 117 runners at a branch of my college alma mater. It was so much fun! I came in with a time of 29:27 which put me in 45th place over all. Here's where I am kicking myself. When I was coming back in I passed the last walker who was probably only a mile from the starting line. I knew if it had taken her that long it would be awhile before she got back and they don't do the awards until everyone has made it back in. I told Dh that we could leave since they only give awards to the top overall men and women, so we left. Later that night I checked my time and I got FIRST place in my age bracket!! I was so happy.. Then I saw that they actually were giving awards to each age bracket. So my first 5k, I got first place in my age group, and wasn't even there to get my award.. Doh!

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your first place in your first race! Will they send you the award?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Channell07
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Thanks =) I have emailed 2 people from the race about it but haven't heard back from either...
Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Congrats on your first place in your first race! Will they send you the award?

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

wvmckinney
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Rebecca

Javi05Eli07
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

way to go

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Great job mama!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Congrats, great time and awesome winning your age group.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Channell07
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Thanks, everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)