Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I know I have asked this before but bare with me...

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so I know I have posted about this before but how late have you been for your period since working out? Okay I have been on this weight loss journey since beginning of December. I have always been on time. Around the 9-10 of each month. It slowly started to wait longer to start. It was around the 13-14 the next month then last month was on the 17th.....now this month it's the 24 and still no period.....a little info on me I have the para guard IUD (non hormonal one). My wake up call to lose weight was I was in and out of the hospital the last 2 years from colon issues. My intestines would get irrotated and inflamed. It would cause a lot of pain and the doctors told me to go get a colonacopy (had no insurance at the time, have some now thank goodness) anyway they told me diet and exercise would help. I recently lost 21 pounds and have 12 to go. They were thinking maybe I have chrones and I was hoping that it wasn't it and that it was my weight. I'm at a healthy weight so far but the pain has come back. :( my stomach is huge and I haven't even felt like working out in the last week. I went to see if my Iud was moved (this is my second one the first one is moved) and it was in perfect place they didn't see a pregnancy (ultrasound) so I'm confused on what it could be. *sigh* I guess it's off to get that colonoscopy. Sorry for ranting needed to vent about my health stuff and I know you ladies understand and will give back honest opinions. :)

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Sometimes if your body is going through other issues (like your colon problems), your period will be late.  Usually regular exercise and healthy diet will regulate your period, if anything.  When your doctor told you that you might have Crohn's, did he tell you what type of diet you should be on?  My husband has Crohn's and has a list of foods to avoid (not that he really does, but I'm not his mother....).  I hope you get some answers soon!

jordynsmom08
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My best friend has chrones to. No they just said its a possibility. They said I needed a colonoscopy to find out. I just didn't because when I changed my diet it went away until now

jordynsmom08
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Bump

OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Crohns! Sorry lol. Good luck with your colonoscopy, I hope it finds the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Good luck, mama!

Do you already keep a food log?  You might consider keeping one along with how you feel and any symptoms you are having.  Different people can be triggered by different foods with Crohn's, and even if that's NOT the case, if certain foods are causing problems, at least then you can pinpoint them and eliminate them.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Good luck mama!  My cycle has never really been affected by my workouts.  Hugs!

jordynsmom08
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I haven't changed my diet at all! I feel so nauseas especially in the mornings and usually at night to. :( I haven't changed the foods I have been eating in the last 3 months.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

The only time my cycle was ever effected by weight loss was when I was about 98lbs and active in my ED. Now it is always pretty much on time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)