Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone tried

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
Insanity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Yep! It is great and very tough. If you are not in decent shape, I would not recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It's great!

Let me know if you have any questions.

MrsSamMerlotte
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I'm in terrible shape lol. But I heard it works quickly. Is it something that needs to be done for the rest of your life so you won't gain the weight back? Or can you do other exercises?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yep! It is great and very tough. If you are not in decent shape, I would not recommend it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

I'm in terrible shape lol. But I heard it works quickly. Is it something that needs to be done for the rest of your life so you won't gain the weight back? Or can you do other exercises?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Insanity is a 60 day program and while you might see results, it will most likely be in the 2nd month as it is more intense than month 1. In month 1, the dvds are 39 minutes +16 minutes of abs on some days. It does not sound like much, but...9 minutes intense warmup( 3 minutes for each cycle that gets faster each time), 3 minute stretch, and then it goes into the workout followed by a stretch. The workout consists of things like the Heisman, power jumps, power squats, push up jacks, high knees, ski abs, in and outs ( burpees essentially) and more... each cycle is 3 minutes with a 30 second rest between sets..each set gets faster and on the last set there is a new move introduced. It goes very quickly. Month 2 is similar, but it is 60 minutes+ abs on certain days. Some days have extra workouts. 

I love Insanity...however, I was in very good shape as a long distance runner when I did it the first time a few years ago. I started at 130 lbs and ended at 118...so, I lost 12 lbs and 2" in 60 days. 

In all honesty, as a former BB coach and a graduate of 8 programs, I would not recommend it if you are not already working out intensely. BB has other workouts that are geared towards beginners- Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, P90, and even P90X. X can be modified for just about every single move, whereas there really aren't any modifications for Plyometrics ( jump training) which is a very integral part of Insanity. 

If you do decide to purchase, it- go at your pace and don't try to keep up with Shaun T. and crew. Take breaks if necessary, but not for long as you don't want your HR to drop too much in order to reap the benefits of HIIT. Also, make sure you eat enough as you will be burning calories at an excelerated rate. 

Let me know if you have any questions.. I'm no longer a coach, but I've done enough of the programs that I can steer you in the right direction. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I hear great things :)

roxysmommy
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I really like it, but all the jumping is tough on my knees and I'm currently having to take a 2 week break just 3 days into month 2. I'd start with something else first or just go slow and easy.

raynesmommy1
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

No but I have done turbo jam and I love it.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Definitely start with something easier....Jillian Michaels 30 day shred isn't easy but designed for beginners, 3 levels and is about a 25 minute workout. She also has many other dvds that you can do. Exercise will help you lose weight but more importantly, it helps you have a healthier body with stronger heart and lungs. To really lose weight and keep it off, you need to change what you eat, how much you eat and drink lots of water.

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)