Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I lied

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 14 Replies
So I said today would be an easy day, do the run I missed, my swings and mobility. I found a KB dvd that was still in the plastic and figured what the hell (why not kill yourself right before you have to load a moving truck?). So I did that 40 minute workout and I used heavier KBs for most of the workout (like 98% of it).... oops. Then I realized I had to do SOME kind of run so I picked HIIT on my TM (gag me), because I couldnt leave my kids home alone (spring break). However when I was done with 25 minutes of HIIT, I ran a mile to see where I am at with speed and it was 7:32. Holy balls that is great! I have been running more and more sub 8 minute miles but not often, it will be my goal to get there one day but the majority are around 8 minutes. I feel fantastic! I am really proud of that. So not an easy day but I did get in 20 minutes of mobility and I will try and get in 10 minutes here and there while packing. :) YAY!
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that was supposed to have paragraph breaks. SIGH

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel like I've worked out just reading all that =)

LveMy2K1dS
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

What is your goal and how far have you come so far?

If you want to get fit and lose weight with me check out my page!! I will help motivate you every step of the way!!  

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Haha, the dvd was brutal because I used my 16kg bell for most of it!! Whooooo! I am delirious.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

terpmama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what all of that means... But I think you worked out so go you!!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quoting LveMy2K1dS:

What is your goal and how far have you come so far?

To be ready for some very challenging races this year. To improve from last year. I am pretty much wear I want to be, I am tweaking at this point.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Quoting terpmama:

Not sure what all of that means... But I think you worked out so go you!!

Sorry!! KB= Kettlebell, HIIT= High intensity interval training
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I might have to look into kbs... I need to start working on upper body - there's an obstacle race I really want to do but I know I would suck at it righ tnow.  It's that or machines at the gym =p

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Haha, the dvd was brutal because I used my 16kg bell for most of it!! Whooooo! I am delirious.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Silvertears1275:

I might have to look into kbs... I need to start working on upper body - there's an obstacle race I really want to do but I know I would suck at it righ tnow.  It's that or machines at the gym =p

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Nice! I di my first OCR (spartan) 4 months PP and I was not in the best shape, it is addicting. KB are great for strength and conditioning. Best workouts I have ever done. Lauren Brooks has a book for like 12$ on Amazon that is awesome. It is KBs for women.
wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Maybe more of us should "lie" like that!! You are definitely an inspiration. I also have a loooong way to go with running....my mile is right around 15 minutes but that's okay, I will get there, someday....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN