Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Aww crap

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm in a slump again.  I was doing really good. I was eating healthy and working out every day and starting to feel really good.  Then just like that I lost all motivation.  I started eating crap again (I have managed to stay away from soda, but I will have to go shopping for easter treats again this week, the ones I bought last week are gone).  I haven't hit my elliptical in over a week or done my strength training.  I just keep coming up with a million and one excuses why I don't have time. 

I need someone to kick me in the ass!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

KICK!!!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

::Swift kick in the ass::

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Join us tonight on the Hottest Fitness Dance Floor in Town!
5:30pm Zumba w/Christina
6:45pm Zumba w/Tiana
Walk-in always welcome! Only $6

the zumba studio I go to posted this a bit ago...

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Only you can motivate yourself....why did you get started losing weight? Think back to those reasons....have any of them changed? Why do you want to keep going? Children, health, clothes fitting better, nicer clothes in smaller sizes, healthier body.... I am sure all of use at some point, have said, we don't have time! You have to make the time for you! Just get started again today, no waiting, find 30 minutes in your day....I know you waste 30 minutes on something (we all do). Challenge yourself to get moving again....and reward yourself when you reach a goal.

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! Just what I needed.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

KICK!!!

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I know that it is ultimately up to me, but sometimes I just need someone to say "get to it already!"  I wish I had a workout partner, someone who could act as a "motivational buddy". 

I try to remember all of the reasons I started working out, but sometimes it's just not enough to get me off my a%@.  

Quoting wahmx3:

Only you can motivate yourself....why did you get started losing weight? Think back to those reasons....have any of them changed? Why do you want to keep going? Children, health, clothes fitting better, nicer clothes in smaller sizes, healthier body.... I am sure all of use at some point, have said, we don't have time! You have to make the time for you! Just get started again today, no waiting, find 30 minutes in your day....I know you waste 30 minutes on something (we all do). Challenge yourself to get moving again....and reward yourself when you reach a goal.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Make a post on here, I am sure someone would love to partner up with you. i have a mom who lives around the corner from me, I am her childcare provider. We were texting on New Years day about resolutions and we decided to partner up for accountability. It is working great....we text throughout the day or evening, sometimes more and sometimes less....meal ideas, exercise, bad days...we are honest with each other...it is great to be able to say....this is what I did today for exercise, and when i have a bad meal...I let her know...I don't want that to happen very often. Having an accountability partner might be just what you need, although you need someone who is motivated so you can't just complain to each other about not having enough time or sharing excuses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN