Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

When do you work out? Morning, afternoon, evening?

And what do you do for your workout?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (11-17):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I work out mostly late afternoon (between 4:30 and  6:30), but some days -I do morning classes (mostly Saturday and some Weednesdays)  If I work out at home then  late morning/ early afternoon- 1 day a weeks usually so it's all over the place I guess!

I do zumba mostly, but also pilates, piyo, I have a weight machine, treadmill, bands and a small ball  at home that I use here and there and also belly dance either with Dvd's or in classes when I can find them

crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I work out late in the evening between 8pm-10pm.... I work full time so it's the only free time I get.  After dinner though so I have to be careful on what I eat or else I'll get an upset stomach.

Right now I'm doing Turbo Fire and I love it!  I'm almost 4months in, but last week I started concentrating more on toning and lifting.  So after my cardio I do about an 1/2 an hour to an hour of strength training.

Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Thank you ladies for all of your replies! 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

In an ideal world, I work out every morning.

Reality?  I'm in school, and I have to be flexible around class, clinicals, DS's school schedule, and DH's pain/stomach issues.  So here's what my week often looks like:

Monday: mid-day workout after lecture (I get out at 10), may start swimming since the campus pool has hours 12-2.  I like to run, hit the campus gym, or go trail running if I'm lucky.  Then I shower on campus at the gym and go study until DS gets out of school.

Tuesday: try to run after I take DS to school and before my class at 11, but I usually take that time to study for that class.  After lecture (out at 2:30), I will run, hit the campus gym or go for a bike ride and try to shower before I pick up DS.  Or I'll get up early and do a DVD or run before I take DS to school.

Wednesday: I need a run after 6 hours of lecture!  SANITY, please!  LOL  Or I'll hit the campus gym, or treat myself with a trail run (this is my most likely day for a trail run).

Thursday & Friday: depending on my clinical schedule (varies a lot), I'll do a short run (when clinicals start before 7AM), or the way things are right now, where I am going in later, I'll run then hit the pool.  I'd try to get in a trail run, but there's nowhere to shower before clinicals.

Weekends: usually a run or swim, maybe a bike ride.

I'll use my DVDs as needed, and same with the treadmill.  I'll also study on the treadmill if I don't have to write stuff out- I do a lot of reading in nursing school, so the TM allows me to read and walk, which is better than sitting!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I workout whenever I have the time. Sometimes it's at 4 in the morning other times it's at 10 at night. Today I worked out at 4:30 a.m. and again at 12:00 p.m. I've been doing videos, running, using the stationary bike and dancing mostly. I should be getting a gym membership again soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
captainjack
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I work out in the morning 3 times a week with a Jillian Michaels dvd and zumba at night twice a week.

Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I like to workout in the am. I also do classes (like zumba or kickboxing), cardio and weight training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)