Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Do you give yourself some kind of incentive when you reach a goal? Such as "If I workout 4-5 times this week, I am going to go out and watch that movie I have been wanting to see on saturday" or "When I lose 20 lbs I can get that new outfit I've been eyeing".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (11-17):
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I needed to lose about 40 pounds and I get a "reward" for every ten pounds. Im almost to my 20 pound goal.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I've never done it in the past, but when I reach my first mini goal, I plan to buy a new shirt or something:)

itsm3
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly, my incentive is looking in the mirror and seeing my results.... which is why i flex and pose and take lots of pictures every week.  sounds silly but this is my motivation :)

yesterday was supposed to be my rest day but the night before, i was doing a little spring cleaning and came across a few pairs of my old jeans that i haven't worn since i was 19 (i'm 37 now).  i hid them because when i gained weight, i couldn't bear to donate them (they're designer) so i hid them to avoid those feelings of shame/guilt that i couldn't wear them anymore.

i decided to give them a go to see how close i came to actually buttoning them up and HOLYCRAP they fit! one of them is too loose too!  this pumped me up so much that i actually shouted  FUCK YEAH! and worked out hard the next day because i was so  happy from fitting into those jeans LOL

Teascha
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I have a few set right now :) When I get under 200 lbs (only 2 pounds left) I get to get my nails done, I haven't gotten them done in about 3 years. When I lose 20 pounds from now I get to get my hair cut. That may seem odd to some, but I haven't had it cut in about 8 months and my hair is VERY thick so it drives me absolutely crazy when it is this long lol And lastly for now, when I lose 30 pounds from now, I get to get my big tattoo! I am getting a fairly large piece on my back in memory of my mother. I figure since these are things I really want to do, if I am not allowed to do them until I reach these goals then I will work harder!

cherylmoore
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Clothes every 5 pounds...  At 5 I bought new tennis shoes. 10 was yoga pants and a sports bra. 15 was new t shirts and I just hit 20 this morning so I'm buying a new pair of jeans this weekend

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

mostly the idea that when I lose everything I want to lose, I'll need a new wardrobe. I should probably make a 5-10 pound goal though, it may help

frecklesthehen
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

nope. just feeling better about myself is good enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)