Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Meal plans

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

Whats your meals like? I need some recipes please! I am finding it difficult to try and plan a meal for lunch and not too sure what I should be eating for breakfast either. 

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

BUMP!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I can give you ideas if you want of things we eat on a regular basis...

Breakfast: scrambled eggs or omelet loaded with veggies, bacon and sweet potato hash browns

Oatmeal with fruit

Greek yogurt with fruit and honey

English muffin with egg, spinach, tomato, avocado

English muffin with nut butter and banana

Lunches: leftovers, sandwiches/wraps loaded with veggies... roasted veggies added to sandwiches/wraps/pastas....salads loaded with veggies/protein/fruits...if we have sandwiches, I use whole wheat bread, lots of veggies and I serve it with veggies and hummus or a salad... I will also use avocado, hummus or guacamole as a spread instead of mayo. 

Dinner: bbq pork, cole slaw, sweet potatoes ( last night's dinner)

Turkey meatloaf loaded with veggies, mashed cauliflower, and veggies

Grilled/roasted protein with veggies

I rarely serve grains, but if I do on a rare occasion, it is quinoa, brown rice or whole wheat couscous. 

Snacks- nuts, nut butters, veggies with hummus, fruit, string cheese, crackers with hummus 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Breakfast~ I almost always have whole grain toast with peanut butter and a fruit of some type, then a second piece of toast about 2 hours later

Other choices, english muffins, omlettes with veggies, oatmeal with fruit (I usually mix a flavored package with a serving of whole grain oats, mix with water and milk, top with berries). I sometimes have the breakfast choices as lunch.

Lunch~ favorite thing is whole wheat tortillas with just about anything added....usually a bit of sour cream and grilled chicken or steak, bit of bbq sauce for flavor and whatever veggies....peppers, cauliflower, onions, zucchini etc I also make veggie pizzas with tortillas. Sometimes I will have a tuna sandwich on whole grain bread or leftover turkey/chicken or roast beef.

I have 2-3 servings of fruit a day, I just put some in a bowl and eat throught the day. I always have a glass of water on the go as well.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I have a journal where I listed a bunch of the things I tend to eat for breakfast- click here for that.

For snacks (I plan those, too), I'll have a hard boiled egg with some cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and hummus, celery with peanut butter, cherry tomatoes with string cheese, crackers and cheese, yogurt with berries (I love plain Green yogurt with a little maple syrup), cottage cheese with a sliced pear and pistachios

Lunches are often leftovers.  I'm on the go all the time (gone 12+ hours a day M-F, plus gone part of the day on the weekends, all courtesy of school), so I need something easy.  I pack up leftovers or make a sandwich, usually.  Or I'll make a combination of my snack stuff, or a salad.

For dinners, I get most of my ideas from Clean Eating magazine.  Their website is here, and they have some recipes there, but the magazine is AWESOME.  I also get ideas from sparkrecipes.com.  I try to do a lot of crock pot things, and I just purchased a book from Amazon called Paleo Slow Cooking at the recommendation of my SIL, and I seriously want to devour every single page!  I just tried the stuffed artichokes last night, and even DH, who's SUPER picky, ate it up!  They were stuffed with sausage, cauliflower, and green onions! (recipe also calls for mushrooms, but none of us care for them)

I try to limit my fruit to 2-3 servings per day, to keep my sugar intake down, and I really limit my added sugars.  I don't necessarily limit my carbs, but I try to choose healthy ones.  As a distance runner, I'd be sabbotaging my runs (and other workouts) if I limited my carbs!  I also try to include plenty of healthy fats.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Thank you all, it gives me some great ideas for meals! I am excited to start my weightloss journey.

Hanab818
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

i always have eggss with fruit or oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, or a omlet leaded with veggies.

for lunch, either soup, lettuce wraps, or salad with tons of meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)