Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Smell bad with weight loss?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 63 Replies
So I've been doing the 30 day shread and watching every single thing I eat. I've been loosing 1-2 lbs a week. The last 2 weeks my DH says I smell bad. I've taken multiple showers a day, tried new deodorant, perfume and feminine sprays.

I always exercise at night and shower right after.

Any ideas why I can't get this smell to go away? I'm freaking out thinking other people are smelling it too!! I myself can't smell what ever it is he smells.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I have no clue what could be causing it? Are you taking any new supplements?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Omd12
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
No new supplements
I stopped eatting dairy and eggs. I haven't eatten meat x 10 years. I eat very cleanly!

I can't go to the doctor and be like my husband says I smell.

Quoting crabbyD:

I have no clue what could be causing it? Are you taking any new supplements?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM
9 moms liked this

I'm the same way.... honestly.... you're working pores and sweat glands that haven't been used in a long time.... most likely you're sweating all the unclean toxins from your body. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
5 moms liked this
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Wish i could help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommadana
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What type of body wash do you use?  Antibacterial body wash, like Dial, can help get all the bacteria that may stay on your skin and also making sure that you don't wear your around town clothes until after you shower.  Like putting on your bra to run to the store and then come home and shower and put on same bra.  Also how often do you wash your sports bra?  Sounds gross, but it holds a LOT of sweat especially under the girls and that can cause bacteria to stay there too.  It will be better, just drink lots of water and you might use baby powder in places that catch the most moisture, under rear cheeks and under the girls to help with moisture and powder fresh scent

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM

DON'T use feminine sprays.  They can give you an infection and throw off your pH, similar to a douche.  Are you cutting way back on carbs?  Taking too many showers can also dry out your skin and actually make you sweat and excrete more oils to try to compensate. 

He might be used to you eating crappy food, which makes you sweeter (all that sugar!).  But if you're cutting back on carbs a lot, that can REALLY change things.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Omd12
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Omd12
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Ok so this is most likely what's going on. I'm eatting nothing processed and almost entirely vegan. I did eat the garlic bread while out and if I drink coffee at work there is only the fake creamer junk. But I'm doing great. It's the engine 2 diet there is a great book, website and dvd

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I found this:

Ketosis: The Dark Side of Low Carb dieting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klee001
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM
4 moms liked this

i started taking acidophilus supplements and that stopped just about all body odor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)