Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Barre and Bodyflow Classes - Body Change.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
I've been doing Bodyflow and Barre classes (similar to Pilates but more "active") for a few weeks now. I've been going 3 times a week. My body feels "stronger" and more flexible, but I'm not really seeing any changes (and my clothes aren't fitting differently). I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with Barre/Bodyflow/Pilates and can enlighten or educate me about if and when I might see any change. I really don't have much weight to lose - maybe 5 pounds at the most. I'm really just wanting to tone and strengthen. I read something about 10 classes to feel the difference, 20 classes to see a difference, and 30 classes you have a new body. I've been to 10 classes so far, so I'm hoping this "theory" is at least somewhat accurate. Thanks in advance for any comments!
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I haven't tried Barre, but I know my SIL loves it.  I've done Pilates, but never exclusively.

How is your eating?  What and how you eat is the most important component to changing your body, especially as you are already close to where you want to be.  Even if it's not about cutting calories, per se, getting rid of processed foods and the refined carbs, chemicals and sodium they contain will make a big difference in what you're seeing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

melner18
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Thanks. I eat pretty good. I coul eat more vegetables - that's probably my main issue. I might even need to eat more than I do. Not really sure about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)