Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

20lbs gone! Does the weight loss count if it was done under duress?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

I had a terrible stomach bug and lost five pounds putting me over the 20lbs loss line! LOL

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I_need_a_name
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Id say it counts! ! Lol. I have to take metformin and one of the side effects is weight loss. Ive lost 7 lbs already lol. Love it. & congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

LOL Thanks!

Quoting I_need_a_name:

Id say it counts! ! Lol. I have to take metformin and one of the side effects is weight loss. Ive lost 7 lbs already lol. Love it. & congrats!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Well, I'd say to celebrate it, but be aware that it may come back in the next few days!  I hate that that's how it goes, but inevitably, in my experience, pounds lost while sick always come back.  Hate 'em!  LOL  Glad you're feeling better, though!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

BabyRuca
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose any of my total weight loss over the last year due to stress or illness. I celebrated it figuring hey, I just spent 3 days feeling miserable I'm going to enjoy the good that came from it. So long as you're not making yourself sick it's all good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Even if not taking into consideration the 5lbs that put you over, the 15lb loss is still a great achievement.  So, Congrats either way! :)

mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Yeah, I figure at least half of it will come back but I will take anything I can get. 8D

Quoting musicpisces:

Well, I'd say to celebrate it, but be aware that it may come back in the next few days!  I hate that that's how it goes, but inevitably, in my experience, pounds lost while sick always come back.  Hate 'em!  LOL  Glad you're feeling better, though!  =)

mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
When I smoked, I lost weight when stressed. Now, I just stuff my face.

Quoting BabyRuca:

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose any of my total weight loss over the last year due to stress or illness. I celebrated it figuring hey, I just spent 3 days feeling miserable I'm going to enjoy the good that came from it. So long as you're not making yourself sick it's all good
mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Aqua THANKS!

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Even if not taking into consideration the 5lbs that put you over, the 15lb loss is still a great achievement.  So, Congrats either way! :)

mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Lol that's awww not agua

Quoting mem82:

Aqua THANKS!

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

celena.vincent
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I would say it counts :) Great job... sucks on the bug though, but hey!!! It's a plus!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)