Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knee pain

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello ladies, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any knee pain with the 30 DS. I've been skipping days cause the knee pain associated with it is getting so bad! I have been half tempted to go to the Dr its getting so bad (I don't have health insurance so this is a bid deal). The only thing that helps is ibuprofen. When I take that the pain isn't bad at all. I'm starting to think it has to do with the jumping jacks in the first session. I was going to get a knee brace but was told on myfitnesspal forum that I shouldn't get one since I really don't know what is wrong and it may make it worse. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A DIAGNOSIS. I know you ladies aren't doctors, was just wondering if anyone else had this. TYIA!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had any knee pain with that workout...although I do sometimes get knee pain after I run or during the last part of my run.  I'm a long distance runner and I think it's time for some new running shoes:)  

These ladies here have good experience and good advice...I wish you the best!

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

It could be the impact... have you tried any of the low-impact modifications (if she has any, I know she's not a big fan of modified jumping jacks....  but there is a way to do it)

crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You may need new supportive gym shoes and may I suggest some glucosamine with chondroitin supplements... That's helped me a lot with my knee pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
This. And make sure you are doing the exercises with the right form. You don't want your knees to go past your ankles when doing squats and lunge type exercises.

Quoting crabbyD:

You may need new supportive gym shoes and may I suggest some glucosamine with chondroitin supplements... That's helped me a lot with my knee pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
This for sure!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

This. And make sure you are doing the exercises with the right form. You don't want your knees to go past your ankles when doing squats and lunge type exercises.

Quoting crabbyD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeysApple
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM

When I was looking for reviews for the 30 DS I saw that everywhere! Lots of people had complaints about knee pain. Since my joints are already iffy, I didn't let myself do it more than 3x a week. Never had a problem doing it less often and I love the workout!

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Look up bursitis and see if what you read sounds like your pain. Ibuprofen and icing can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Good shoes and good form can really help.  I also agree that taking a break from the same workout every other day can make a difference, at least while you're building up your endurance.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aniters
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Me! I get really bad knee pain when i do the 30 day shred :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bloodytears1986
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Thank you ladies all so much! I really appreciate it! I looked up bursitis and it does seem I have a lot of the symptoms. Thanks so much for telling me about that. I asked my mom about it and apparently my grandfather had it. I will definintely try inuprofen and icing! I also orderd some insoles for my shoes! Someone also mentioned a vitmain, I will definitely try that too! You ladies are the best!

Quoting crwspringer:

Look up bursitis and see if what you read sounds like your pain. Ibuprofen and icing can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)