Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Best place to order equipment? Kat? Claire? Suz?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

For my birthday this year I'm asking for a kettlebell set, a weightlifting bar, and some bumper weights.  Where is the best place to order from??  And what do you recommend?  I've been looking on rogue fitness but is there somewhere better?

Mommy to Zachary Charles 10/25/05, Logan Tanner 4/10/08, Rhyleigh Anne 4/11/09 and Allie Layne 7/22/10

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I wish I knew.  Someday when I grow up I'm going to have a rockin' home gym, and THEN I will be the girl to ask!  LOL  I only own some hand weights from Sport Authority (and they suck- I wouldn't recommend the ones I bought).

But hell yeah on the Bday gift ideas!  I want a pull up bar (I STILL haven't ordered one).  No idea where it's going to go, though, and I am a long way from being able to do even one (I tried them again today in the gym).  Too much darn body weight still.  But I'm practicing!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM

i didnt mention that but im getting a pulllup bar also :) i didnt mention it bc josh is making one for me so im not buying it 

Quoting musicpisces:

I wish I knew.  Someday when I grow up I'm going to have a rockin' home gym, and THEN I will be the girl to ask!  LOL  I only own some hand weights from Sport Authority (and they suck- I wouldn't recommend the ones I bought).

But hell yeah on the Bday gift ideas!  I want a pull up bar (I STILL haven't ordered one).  No idea where it's going to go, though, and I am a long way from being able to do even one (I tried them again today in the gym).  Too much darn body weight still.  But I'm practicing!

Mommy to Zachary Charles 10/25/05, Logan Tanner 4/10/08, Rhyleigh Anne 4/11/09 and Allie Layne 7/22/10

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw, nice!  Jonathan said he was going to build a TRX thing for me, but it hasn't happened yet.  He did order my new CambelBak Marathoner Vest, which I CANNOT WAIT to test out!  Now to get my distance back up to justify...  With summer coming, I foresee many a long run!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

i didnt mention that but im getting a pulllup bar also :) i didnt mention it bc josh is making one for me so im not buying it 

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I got this set with the bench on craigslist for a great price and in mint condition! The original owner is a lawyer who's moving to FL... I say take a peek there... You never know ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Oh, we also bought the treadmill at Sport Authority.  They have an alright selection of KBs and such.  You might have a better selection online, but watch out for shipping on things like weights (for obvious reasons!).

Suzanne

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Check play it again sports
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Rogue fitness is where I get everything. They supply crossfit. They also sell kbs in heavy sets and they have a mix and match option.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Rogue Fitness is probably the best... I do LOVE LOVE LOVE Academy Sports though... we were in there last night and I was running my hands lovingly over the equipment in there... Heath just shakes his head at this point. ( altough he does it too and doesn't notice it.. ) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Javi05Eli07
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

We bought the Bowflex SelectTech 552s.  I (we, but mostly me) needed heavier weights and no room to put all the dumbbells or a rack for them.  We got them through Walmart for $300, other places they are $400-600.  We don't have any place for bigger equipment right now.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I already checked Craigslist. No one had what I want. I don't want free weights like that. I want a bar :)

Quoting crabbyD:

I got this set with the bench on craigslist for a great price and in mint condition! The original owner is a lawyer who's moving to FL... I say take a peek there... You never know ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)