Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

5 Day Check in...Updated

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

So like always I try to do a check in when I can. I don't have my measurements cause the my 3 year old terror (I do love him but I swear his energy gives me a run for my money! LOL) swiped it and when i did find it again I thought it would be better to wait till tomorrow.

But I do have my weight...

Starting weight: 246.5lbs

Today's weight: 242.00lbs

so in the last  five days I have lost a total of 4.5lbs, I also hit my 20lb mark. Honestly I think some of that I had already lost, but I was just boucning back and forth and this kinda pushed it into motion.

I haven't been feeling good today, I think I'm getting the stomach flu. Boo. But I'm trying to stay going. I had my meal replacement shake for breakfast this morning and for lunch I did a broccil, grilled chicken, cranberry and almonds in a clean eating ranch dressing salad. :D

I also did my CanYou24 Work out dvd today...I had to modify the parts that require to bend to the floor cause my back is going out again. *head desk* But I still broke a sweat, so I think I'm good. If I can fight this off, I want to do my zumba tomorrow. :D

I still have like 19 days to go and that includes today. But I'm trying some new clean eating recipes that I'm finding everywhere. If I can just figure out how to steam veggies without using an actual steamer I'll be doing good. lol

Oh...here's a question...

I know Coconut Oil is good to cook with. I can't stomach the coconut taste, but I heard that one of the oils doesn't have the taste. I can't remember if its the refined oil or the unrefined oil. Does anyone know the answer to this question? I want to try and I might get it from Sprouts cause I know they will take it back if I don't like.

Edit: I did my measurements,

At the start of this 2nd 24 Day Challenge I was at: 203.5 inches

Today I am at: 197.5 inches

Total lost this round thus far: 6 inches

Total lost since Jan.: 24.5 inches

I was even able to get into an old bra today too. This makes me happy. lol

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM

The refined one doesn't have the taste.  If you add a pinch of salt, that can cut the taste, too.

You can get a cheap steam basket that you stick into a normal pot at Walmart, Target, or anywhere that sells kitchen stuff.  They're usually less than $10.  Here's one on Amazon.

Great job on hitting the 20 lb mark!  Woo hoo!!!

I hope you feel better!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wvmckinney
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Congrats on the weight loss!

Hope you feel better soon.

Rebecca

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Great job on 20 lbs lost!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anoronlight
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Wonderful I will be sure to do that. Thanks so much!

And thanks everyone its been a long time coming but I finally hit it! lol And thanks for the well wishes too...I think I'm fighting a stomach bug, I've had the chills since I woke up yesterday and what not.

Quoting musicpisces:

The refined one doesn't have the taste.  If you add a pinch of salt, that can cut the taste, too.

You can get a cheap steam basket that you stick into a normal pot at Walmart, Target, or anywhere that sells kitchen stuff.  They're usually less than $10.  Here's one on Amazon.

Great job on hitting the 20 lb mark!  Woo hoo!!!

I hope you feel better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN