Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What kind of exercise equipment have you tried?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was wanting to get an ab circle bc I have fat on my stomach and thighs and that is what it is supposed to target has anyone tried it or any other exercise machine that actually worked?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Something like that *might* help tone the muscles, but you can't spot reduce fat. 

autumn129
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I want to get an elliptical machine, or a treadmill.

kayla864
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I have the air climber it does break a sweat if you follow routines on dvd, but it gets boring after awhile i wish i had a treadmill instead. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prayerwarrior1
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:38 PM

So I should get a treadmill over other stuff why not just go walk on the street? I mean I know when it's really cold or rainy you can't but I feel like I would have to commit to walking when I could b for I spend money to walk on something 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't *need* any equipment. Period. Using your own body weight is fabulous. You can walk, run, do squats, lunges, etc outside..there is no need for a treadmill unless you are in a really cold or rainy/snowy area that makes it difficult at times. You can do pretty much any workout at home or at the park on your own. 

Belly or subcutaneous fat is made in the kitchen. An ab circle is not going to ditch fat from the belly. It will help with muscle tone, but fat is lost through a mixture of clean eating, drinking water, and exercising. 

Personally, I have a treadmill that I use when it is either cold or really hot as we live in the deep south. I also go to the gym and use the rower, stepper, weights, etc or take classes... I also do DVDs at home. I have a pull up bar, speed rope, agility ladder, 3-5-8-10-12-20 lb weights, stability ball, Yoga Mat,  resistance bands and my own muscle structure. I also do Spartan or CrossFit WOD ( workouts of the day) at home at times. My favorite items are my running shoes, road id, and mp3 player- I'd rather run than anything else. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

My body weight has been my main "equipment".  Don't waste money on gimmicky products that you can only use on one body part.  If you're going to invest money, it's better spent on good bras, shoes, or DVDs.  Or something like hand weights or resistance bands, which can be used to multiple moves.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I like doing the elliptical when I'm not doing yoga or Zumba. It won't work the abs though so I still do a ten minute ab routine.

frecklesthehen
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

if it works for you, spend that money on a gym membership. i was always one that said "i dont have time" or "i dont have money" or something... but i found time, and they let me make payments of 23/month for the yearly fee, which is less than buying something stupid every month like i was doing. then you can use all the equipment and mix up your routine.

for at home, i used to have a treadmill. i got it on craigslist for like 20 bucks so it wasnt expensive or fancy or anything, but i did get my use out of it. if you can find one cheap and think you will use it, go for it! mine has since died (the motor) and now takes up a lot of space for a nonworking plastic thing!

plus, my gym time is MY time, no kids, no dog... just me and i find it very relaxing. even if i just walk the track. id pay the money just for that hour of peace 4 days a week :)

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I go to a gym everyday & use their equipment, so I have a great variety of things to choose from. My favorite things for at home are my hand weights, my stability ball, my bike, and my hiking boots.

For getting the belly, butt & thighs in shape, I love lunges, either with or without weights. Lunges really give you a good workout & require no special equipment to do.

andrea96
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I prefer the gym to having my own equipment. Over the years, we have owned a couple of exercise bikes and an elliptical, but, even though they weren't cheap, they still weren't as good as the machines in a gym. I like variety, too. I usually run on the treadmill 3 times a week and do the arc trainer or bike on other days. I also strength train using the machines and free weights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN