Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone done the 21 Day Sugar Detox and/or the Whole30?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been noticing that I have been pigging out lately, so I definitely need to do something to reign this in. I'm looking at doing either the 21 Day Sugar detox - http://balancedbites.com/sugar-detox or the Whole30 - http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/.

I am flat broke, so I can't order either book/program until Friday (pay day). I was just wondering if anyone here has done both (separately)? Which do you recommend? Or... if you have only done one or the other... do you recommend it to others.

Thanks, ladies!

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done them both and I prefer the 21DSD (I already eat whole foods.)

No purchase necessary, really.  Just "Like" the pages on FB and you'll get an excellent idea of what's going on.

There's a sample menu plan at the very bottom of the page HERE

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I haven't actually done either, but I had planned on doing the Whole 30 at one point.  You can get all the info you really need on their website without purchasing the book.  I probably should do one or the other to get my head back in the game... I've been slacking a lot lately =p

cyanelve
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I've been using Bob harpers 20 skinny rules (seems similar) for the last 3 weeks. It does allow a small splurge meal once a week and, ugh, stick out tongue miniI went way off & broke at least 8 of the rules. Anyway its generally the eat clean philosphy, ramped up while you're aiming for a goal weight. What I like about it is the included menus, separated for men and women.

EDIT:  its totally NOT a paleo diet so I guess thats a big difference.

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Yeah... I was doing that ... and doing well. I just need a good kick in the pants so I can get back on track.

Quoting cyanelve:

I've been using Bob harpers 20 skinny rules (seems similar) for the last 3 weeks. It does allow a small splurge meal once a week and, ugh, stick out tongue miniI went way off & broke at least 8 of the rules. Anyway its generally the eat clean philosphy, ramped up while you're aiming for a goal weight. What I like about it is the included menus, separated for men and women.

EDIT:  its totally NOT a paleo diet so I guess thats a big difference.

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My problem exactly. I am leaning toward 21 day sugar detox...  

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I haven't actually done either, but I had planned on doing the Whole 30 at one point.  You can get all the info you really need on their website without purchasing the book.  I probably should do one or the other to get my head back in the game... I've been slacking a lot lately =p

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We have been 100% sugar free since July.  I don't know about those programs though.

Courtney610
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm currently on day 13 of the whole30.  It was a huge struggle at first, but now, I'm loving it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)