Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I thought you girls were crazy!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 30 Replies
7 moms liked this

In a polite way of course =) I was eating around 1000 calories a day, sometimes less, and I didn't think there was ANY way I would lose anything eating almost 1600 a day.  I am about 2.5 weeks into eating my BMR and I am steadily losing again.  So thanks for convincing me! That is all. lol

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so glad that you "converted"!! It's so much better, isn't it!

I used to eat way too few calories as well. I felt tired, and sleepy. Eating more calories during weight loss really propels things along:) GL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!  Welcome to the dark side!  LOL  It's AMAZING what a difference eating enough can make!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

itsm3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

this is the sad thing that people think: eat less and drop weight when in fact, it's the total opposite.  think of your body like a car:  we can't expect our car to perform well on little oil or gas.  our bodies are the same.  if we want our bodies to do the amazing things it can do, we need to fuel it with proper food.

never ever be afraid to eat your calories and eat the amount that your body needs.   recheck your numbers as your fitness level improves.  i went from eating 1500cals/day when i first started and now i eat around 1900-2000cals/day.  listen to your body too; while the numbers are there for reference, listen to your body as well...it will tell you if it needs more (you're always hungry) or if it's good (you're full/satiated)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad that it's working for you! It is hard for people to understand they have to eat in order to lose weight effectively and efficiently. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Woohoo!

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!  These girls are the best!

Frogy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Drive me nuts that people don't already know this. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Channell07
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I grew up with a very unhealthy view of food. My mom has always gone on every fad diet there is (and she still does on occasion). So I did the same. Not everyone has been educated in this and it seems counterproductive to eat MORE to lose. I wish there were more education out there, maybe in schools, so people DO know this. BUT I understand how people don't
Quoting Frogy:

Drive me nuts that people don't already know this. 

Channell07
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Agreed =)
Quoting emilyrosenj:

Awesome!  These girls are the best!

Wife, Momma, Homeschooler, Dog lover, Book Worm, Runner, and Horseback rider.  Love this life of mine! 

Come join me at channellingmyinnerrunner.blogspot.com to follow my journey into running =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN