Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New to the group

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi.  I thought I would try here & see what I could learn.  I am so frustrated & depressed about my body since my son was born (2.5 years ago!) that I just am at the point of giving up & starving myself, as it's the only way I seem to lose weight.  Just stop eating.  I try to work out at the gym regularly. I  don't exactly have a sedentary lifestyle with 3 kids, and I am working very hard on getting us all to eat healthier.  I've just...I've read books & books, tried tons of diets & supplements, and nothing works.  I have 3 busy kids & little time to myself.  My youngest doesn't sleep through the night, so I wake up at least once a night to put him back in bed & get him back to sleep.

I just don't know what to do, and am starting to really despair.  Plus, I ordered this cute little corset in a size XXL (according to my measurements) thinking it might help me look better & feel better...be something cute & sexy to perk me up.....and it just came today & is so small I can't even get into it.  So....yeah, am really hating myself right now & feeling like giving up.

Does anybody have any advice?  Anything that seems to be foolproof, b/c I am feeling like I'm just the fool to mess it up if it can be messed up.

Thanks.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Vilma1979
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I feel the same way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

First- welcome to the group! 

Diets don't work. Have you tried tracking your calories? It is very easy if you use a website such as www.myfitnesspal.com, www.sparkpeople.com or www.livestrong.com. The key is knowing how many calories your body needs to function and be inactive ( BMR) and then it is easy to track it. 

You don't need supplements and fad diets. Concentrate on eating whole sources of foods: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, limited beef and pork, seafood, eggs

Whole grains ( if you choose to eat them): pastas, brown rice, tortillas, breads, oats, cereals, lentils, barley, couscous, quinoa

Produce: fresh and frozen

Dairy ( if you choose to eat it) avoid fat free as it has loads of sodium and preservatives

Healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee ( clarified butter), nuts, nut butters, avocadoes

Water: take your weight and divide by 2. This is the general guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 

Exercise: Find something that you enjoy and it will be easier to stick with. Get the kids involved! Dance around the house, have races with them, etc..

You can do this!

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN