Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you eat for breakfest?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

I want to know what you all eat for breakfest? I have a coffee, sometimes 2 with 2 or one toste. or sometimes i dotn eat breakfest and so i just drink coffee. The reason i wont eat the toste sometimes is because i ate to much the day before. I try to keep my waight on balance and that has helped me alot.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Do not ever skip breakfast. It is the most essential meal as you are breaking a fast of overnight. It starts your metabolism for the day. 

Mine go to meals: 

Omelets ( 2 eggs or 1 whole egg and 3 whites) loaded with veggies, bacon, and sweet potato hash browns

Oatmeal with berries and organic local honey

Whole wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter and apple or banana

WW English muffin with sausage, or egg, spinach, tomato and avocado

Greek yogurt topped with berries, cereal and organic local honey. 

Breakfast should ideally be 400-600 calories. 

I also drink 3-4 cups of black coffee in the am, but I drink close to a gallon of water during the day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

annelauer
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Greek yogurt with berries and nuts on top almost every morning. It's easy, fast and yummy. I drink coffee too (no sweetener or anything). It doesn't sound like a good idea to skip breakfast. Surprisingly, sometimes eating more calories is necessary in order to lose weight. Maybe you can reevaluate what you are eating throughout the day instead and make room for breakfast in your meal planning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbrackett
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Fruit and water
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greencleanmom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I drink a Shaklee180 smoothee (24 grams of protein) and have a piece of fruit.  The protein helps with cutting my cravings and I think I have more energy til lunch.

crabbyD
by Diana on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I'll have Greek yogurt with berries or oatmeal with flax seed.... I'll drink green tea with a splash of almond milk... So Deelish, but after a month of no coffee I discovered Starbucks veranda blonde blend and I'm addicted all over again... Dang
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I eat eggs.  I avoid carbs at breakfast, but that's just a personal choice.  Once I get to work, I'll have black coffee.  And that's about it =)

CatiaAlexandra
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM

The reason that i sometimes skip breakfest is because i ate to much the day before and i wake up not hungry. but its true breakfest is important.

Quoting annelauer:

Greek yogurt with berries and nuts on top almost every morning. It's easy, fast and yummy. I drink coffee too (no sweetener or anything). It doesn't sound like a good idea to skip breakfast. Surprisingly, sometimes eating more calories is necessary in order to lose weight. Maybe you can reevaluate what you are eating throughout the day instead and make room for breakfast in your meal planning.

Frogy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I have 2 eggs everyday for breakefast.  usually 2 potched and a banan.  I'm a huge coffee drinker. I eve use creamer french vanilla or creamy coconut.  It is usualy the only sweet stuff I have.  Soemtimes I wake up so hungry I will have 2 egg, bagle and 2 bacon as a sandwich then I'm usually good till lunch at 1 or so and then it is a half piece of chicken and vegies.  Usually the same for dinner.  I eat lots of protein.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I HAVE to eat breakfast.  I actually created a journal with some of my breakfasts that I do.  Click here for that.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Apr1l
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 eggs and sardines
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)