Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Found a gym. Horrible experience for the first time. :(

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

So, I found a gym. I went! The trainer was trying to train me if i were 140 pounds. he made me run and he made me do some crunches with a machine and another thing that i step on and turn my bottom half my body. I was there almost a half hour before feeling like id vomit if i continued. I felt like id faint. I couldnt walk well. When i looked at things my eyes couldnt adjust. And on top of that, my husabnd told me i wasnt trying. :( but i was it was just really hard. The trainer was making me train with a woman that was like 120 pounds.. AND he said i couldnt drink water :( It was horrible. Maybe in their eyes and everyone elses i didnt try. But i know when my body tells me to stop. :( does anybody know why i felt like that?

Was it to much at once? I'd love to continue to work out like that. But not with all this happening. It drained me.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greencleanmom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Sorry to hear that.  I have had to pace myself instead of working out hard core all at once.  Hang in there, baby steps!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

That is typical and actually a good beginner workout. Did the trainer do any paperwork at all? Did he ask you what your goals were? Did he work up a workout for you? Did he have you warm up and cool down? 

It's not going to be easy. He has to know where you are starting from and this will give him a guide. You should have been able to drink water. Period. No trainer should EVER prevent a client from hydrating. It is actually part of a trainer's job to make sure the client is hydrated properly so the client does not have any issues like fainting, heart attacks, etc... 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

jlinville30
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Your body was pushed way to far way to fast. The fact that your husband said you weren't trying is wrong. When first starting baby steps is the name of the game. If the weather is nice start by taking walks. Start small and keep adding to the walking (start by around the block when that starts to get easy increase the circle and keep doing that until you can go for awhile just don't over do it). Always have water near by HYDRATION IS A MUST I do not care what that trainer said. And there is a saying that P90X has Better to do it right then doing a lot of (in other words exercise correctly instead of seeing how many reps you can do at one time.)

You are doing great just pace yourself and the trainer is wrong in the way he treated you I wuld have complained to the gyms office.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Other than the water issue, I don't think your trainer was wrong. It's going to suck at first. REALLY suck. Look at what they do to people on The Biggest Loser. They're crying and puking and just having an ugly time, but they live to fight another day. You will too

You work out like you are 140 pound woman so that you will someday be a 140 pound woman. You can do it. Don't let this experience break you. You're stronger than you think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM

It sucks that you had such a bad experience!  I've never worked with a trainer, so I have no idea what is normal.  I think it's bad if it keeps you from going back, though.  Don't let one bad time stop you!  And pinch your husband for not being supportive.  Boo!

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

thats how my first training session went except the water thing, thats weird....but maybe you took it the wrong way, they dont want you to stop every 2 seconds for water.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I would go without the trainer.... I think it's great that they'll push you to do more, but you don't want to be pushed too far, ya know?

Aamy
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Sounds like a normal work out. But I would drink water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ericaaf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

sounds like my first workout with a trainer, of course youre going to feel like youre going to faint your body isnt use to doing that. ive never heard of a trainer denying someone water, unless you wanted to drink water every min....my first workout drained me also and i was sore for about a week but i kept going and got a lot stronger

CoachDrea
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

The next time will be much better. You can do it!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)