Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a good substitute?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM
  • 15 Replies
For yogurt and fish?

I can't stand yogurt at all. I've tried so many different brands and flavors and I just can't do it. *Gag*

Fish I know is really good for you but I can't stand the smell of it cooking. Ugh!!! I can't even fource myself to eat tuna. I tried aaaaand yea. *gag*

Help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

you kinda sound like me-  I will put up with tilapia- but I generally am NOT a fan of fish. We eat a lot of chicken and I like shrimp (smaller ones not huge ones)

I can't stand yogurt either!

estrada_m0mmy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Yes!!! I eat a LOT of chicken. A lot and even though I enjoy it. C'mon, how many ways can you really make chicken? LOL I've resorted to Pintrest for help on that.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

you kinda sound like me-  I will put up with tilapia- but I generally am NOT a fan of fish. We eat a lot of chicken and I like shrimp (smaller ones not huge ones)

I can't stand yogurt either!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I was going to suggest tilapia as well... Doesn't smell or taste fishy... Yogurt on the other hand... The only suggestion I have is Greek yogurt... I'm a huge fan!... Have you tried Muller brand? It's pretty tasty and probably a good start for a person who's not a yogurt fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM

You can make your own yogurt. All it takes is milk and 1 carton of greek yogurt to use as a starter. It is much cheaper to make it..the first batch will cost the $ of milk and $ of 1 small container of yogurt...after that it is just the milk. I spend about $3 to make a gallon of greek yogurt. I prefer it over store bought as I know what is in it, and I can add what I want to it.. it might be a viable option for you since you are not a fan. 

www.makemyownyogurt.com

As far as fish- you don't have to eat it.. it's good for you, but you don't *have* to eat it. Salmon that is baked with a glaze on it is fabulous, tilapia baked with lemons, limes or oranges on top is great, you can also grill seafood and add it to pasta dishes. 

You can eat  turkey, beef, and pork...don't rely just on chicken though as you will get bored- as you know already. 

www.cleaneatingmag.com, www.allrecipes.com, www.skinnytaste.com are some good resources and you can always "clean up" recipes from allrecipes... I do it a lot. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

crabbyD
by Diana on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

You can make your own yogurt. All it takes is milk and 1 carton of greek yogurt to use as a starter. It is much cheaper to make it..the first batch will cost the $ of milk and $ of 1 small container of yogurt...after that it is just the milk. I spend about $3 to make a gallon of greek yogurt. I prefer it over store bought as I know what is in it, and I can add what I want to it.. it might be a viable option for you since you are not a fan. 

www.makemyownyogurt.com

As far as fish- you don't have to eat it.. it's good for you, but you don't *have* to eat it. Salmon that is baked with a glaze on it is fabulous, tilapia baked with lemons, limes or oranges on top is great, you can also grill seafood and add it to pasta dishes. 

You can eat  turkey, beef, and pork...don't rely just on chicken though as you will get bored- as you know already. 

www.cleaneatingmag.com, www.allrecipes.com, www.skinnytaste.com are some good resources and you can always "clean up" recipes from allrecipes... I do it a lot. :-) 

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

not sure. I hope ladies gave you some ideas. I normally force myself in to eating certain foods :( other wise I'd eat junk all day :)

estrada_m0mmy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
The thing is I simply do not like it. I've tried many brands and I'm not for wasting any more money on it because I know I don't like it. However I know it would be healthy to get up and have a cup of yogurt with fruit or something but I just can't fource it down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband wont eat seafood at all either, so we eat around that :) We eat ground turkey instead of ground beef, lots of chicken, pork, and at least once a week we will eat steak. I grill all of it (well, except ground turkey unless its in a patty). A great tip when grilling chicken (boneless, skinless breasts) and pork, is I brush both sides with some olive oil. It keeps the meat moist when done cooking so it tastes sooo much better! Well, as long as you dont over cook it lol!

Let me scan in our smart foods guide, which shows what you can eat in place of something else.

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Ok, lets see if this works, I had to break it down into different images to make the text readable!

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)