Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
My name is Michele and I have 3 boys (13 yrs, 10 yrs, 11 month old). I have thyroid issues and I am having a hard time losing weight. I'm a child care teacher so I'm pretty active. I am hoping it warms up soon so I can go for walks with my 11 month old. I tried seeing a nutritionist but it got really costly fast! my husband is a picky eater and that doesn't help any. I did do okay with the nutritionist because I was accountable for my food logs. when I started back at work after my maternity leave I gained weight like crazy because we have to eat with the children. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Welcome, Michele!

I have a couple of journals that you might like:

Clean eating

Weight loss tips

What's working for me

Resources

You might get some ideas!  Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Welcome! My name is Michelle too! :D I have 3 daughters, ages 14, 12, and 10 yrs. Walking is a great start! Portion control is very important, along with chosing the right types of food when you go grocery shopping. My husband eats every 3 hours, 5 times a day. Is there a way you can work your schedule so you are eating one of your meals when your children eat? We shop much healthier now and we do not buy any of the boxed quick meals or frozen dinner bags. We get whole grain bread and pastas instead of white, fresh veggies instead of canned, we buy fat free or low fat, low sodium, sugar free or low sugar foods as well. Just making small changes in what you buy can make a large difference in the long run :)

mjeske
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Thank you momchellaB and musicpisces
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Welcome to the group... I agree with clean eating. You might want to start a journal in the group to log... I know it helps me hold myself accountable and it was easier than me than a hardcover book. Good luck! 

wahmx3
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Welcome to the group. I have a home daycare so I get the activity but since you have to eat with the kids, you don't have to eat the same things....they should also be having fruits and veggies with meals and snacks, so focus on those. In place of logging and showing a nutritionist, I use www.myfitnesspal.com to log my food and it also tracks things like carbs, protein, sodium etc. It can be a great tool and is free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)