Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to Stay Active

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
I am new to the site. I'm looking for what other moms do to stay active during their day. I spend a lot of time sitting (ie driving, brushing hair, getting kids dressed, playing games, helping with homework) I almost always have a child with me. We recently got a membership to the Y which has proved to be helpful but I still find myself on my butt most of the day and I know I have to change that. There are only so many times I can walk around my house looking for things to clean. Or walk up and down my driveway while my kids play before I become bored out of my mind. What are some things you do to stay active throughout the day?
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I get on the treadmile ,find something to clean. I have kids so there is always something to do around my house :) After dinner I go for runs. I also do workout videos during the day.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do DVDs at home, and you can even rope the kids into what you're doing.  If you take them to the park, run sprints (the kids might want to join you!), do the monkey bars, do pushups or tricep dips on a bench... There's all kinds of stuff.  Getting your kids involved can be a great way to go.

Do what you can to avoid SITTING.  Do some random lunges, jumping jacks, planks, etc.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Oops treadmill

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I get on the treadmile ,find something to clean. I have kids so there is always something to do around my house :) After dinner I go for runs. I also do workout videos during the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALWsMomma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Dance parties! My kids and I have a dance party every day before quiet/ nap time.
We also play air plane, I lay on the floor and they lean against my feet and holdy hands then I lift them in the air with my feet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)