Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

insanity?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
Debating on it.. tell me your thoughts/stories!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

are you a begginer ? Insanity is not for begginers. It is very intense.  Do you have bad knees? There is a lot jumping around , so you will have to modfity some move. Over all it is a great program. I completed the program and month 2 was HELL, but I loved it. It pushed me like no other !

kristy319
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Sort of a beginner, but all the other work outs dont push me or even feel like a work out since I have a pretty active lifestyle..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Have you looked in to other programs ? Turbo fire, Jillian Michaels , p90x

Quoting kristy319:

Sort of a beginner, but all the other work outs dont push me or even feel like a work out since I have a pretty active lifestyle..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Quoting kristy319:

You can try it.  It is intense, but you can dial that back if you need to.  My DD is 12 and she did it with me.

ALWAYS do the cool down exercises!  Never skip them, or you'll be in pain later. (speaking from experience, here!)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Insanity is a very intense 60 day program. If you are not in decent shape, I would NOT recommend it. I was an experienced long distance runner the first time I did it... I was throwing up in the warm up of the first DVD.. It still kicks my behind 3 years later when I pull it out and I'm going to be taking my Personal Trainer exam in the next several weeks. 

The first month is approx. 39 minutes per workout +16 minutes cardio abs on certain days. It begins with a 9 minute warm up and each set gets more intense and faster. It is followed by a 3 minute stretch and goes into the workout. The workouts are 3 minute sets made up of several exercises, followed by a 30 second break. Each set gets faster as it is repeated 3 times for a 9 minute total set. This occurs a couple of times and in each of the last sets 1-3 new moves are added. The DVDs end with a 3 minute stretch.

Month 2 is much more intense. It starts off the same, but the workouts are 60 minutes and some days there are 2 DVDs used + abs. ( 16 minutes) 

I'm a graduate of P90, P90X, Yoga Booty Ballet, Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam, Insanity, and Asylum and a former coach. Let me know if you have questions. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Sweet_Punk
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I did Insanity as a beginner and now i'm a Beach Body Coach. As long as you don't have knee problems you will be fine. You may not be able to do everything as good as them in the video but it's about pushing yourself and improving your own capabilities.  I disagree completely with this notion that you shouldn't do it if you are a beginner. I have several clients that are doing it now that haven't done a single other program.  I was almost 200lbs when I started.  I lost 13lbs and 15.5in.  

PM me if you have any questions or just want some support. I'd love to have you in my group.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)