Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nyx's journey

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello. I have a long way to go. I have tried many weight loss plans and haven't found one to fit me until now. I use the Zija weight management plan along with eating paleo/primal. I started out the year at 276.8. I weighed in on April 1st at 264.8. 

My goals are not going to be about numbers, so I will only be weighing in on the first of the month. My first goal was for my pants to fit correctly. I reached that goal last month. This month it is for them to be to big. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
I_need_a_name
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Awesome girl. I wish I wasn't worried about numbers. .... But I'm obsessed with the scale lol. Keep up the good work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nyxiemist
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I used to be. I stressed about the scle and calories. All it did was stress me out until I would sabotage myself.

Quoting I_need_a_name:

Awesome girl. I wish I wasn't worried about numbers. .... But I'm obsessed with the scale lol. Keep up the good work.

ALWsMomma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I gave my husband my scale and deleted my calorie tracker. I am more than a number!!
Great job!!

Quoting nyxiemist:

I used to be. I stressed about the scle and calories. All it did was stress me out until I would sabotage myself.

Quoting I_need_a_name:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nyxiemist
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Today I made cauliflower rice for the first time. I used coconut oil to fry it in and added cumin and paprika. It was a bit spicy, but pretty good. My family isn't eating the same as I am yet. I will switch them over time, so I need to be able to eat the same meals and adjust those meals to what I can eat. Next I am going to try pasta sauce over zucchini.

nyxiemist
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:12 AM

It took some real effort to get into this mindset. I'm glad I finally did. 

Quoting ALWsMomma:

I gave my husband my scale and deleted my calorie tracker. I am more than a number!!
Great job!!

Quoting nyxiemist:

Quoting I_need_a_name:

nyxiemist
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Today after the kids go to bed I will get on the elliptical. We'll see how my knee holds up.

nyxiemist
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:34 AM

I never did get on the elliptical. But I did start doing squats a little over a week ago and started walking to get my kids after school last week. My knees are hurting, but that is getting better. I want to add planks in soon.

Things have been a bit crazy here getting ready for this move. It's not a little move. We are moving from Europe to New Mexico area. We have 2 children, and 2 pets with us. My eating has suffered the past week or so. With us being so busy I haven't been able to eat the right balance of foods. Not near enough veggies. I am working to up my veggies and add a better variety of them. 

I decided I won't be weighing myself in May. The movers come at the end of the week. They are packing my scale! I will weigh myself after we get our stuff sometime in July! I have not made my goal of my pants being too big. They are loose though. Overall I am doing better. My energy level continues to improve. I'm spending more time outside and getting tan. Our weather last week was amazing! This week will be rainy all week. I have 2 months to get my puppy trained, so I'm outside with her daily. That will increase after the movers come and I can concentrate more on her training. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)