Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ZUMBA

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone ever done the Zumba DVD's? Do you like it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I loved it ! however it got boring after a while for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

The Zumba moves sure do get your body moving! I have only tried some of what I found on youtube. I just started doing the slim in 6 exercises along with walking and those are enough for me at the moment lol.

Pna1Dra6on
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I personally haven't done the DVD's, but Zumba is so much more funner as a class IMO more cause they switch it up every week and watching others get pumped up with it no matter what level of fitness they're at is so motivating & typically fitness videos are filled with fit individuals who make everything look so easy so when I'm struggling I feel like such a weakling.  Ended up doing a zumba flashmob last summer and we were featured on the news and a blip of us in action aired on "So you think you can dance" tv show for their national dance day compilation.  I honestly haven't stuck with classes, but recently found out about free classes offered in my city so plan on checking it out one day and hopefully will return regularly or at least a few times a month.  GL with your zumba experience :)

(Our quick blip is @ :48 in the video below, but in general the whole vid is inspirational how this spread all across the world and regardless of age/fitness level)

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I go to classes, I LOVE it (I'm doing 2 of them today!)

I have never done the dvd's or games though, so I can't say.  I know that *I* probably wouldn't like them nearly as much as the classes

Beenhereforever
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend is a master instructor. But lives in Hawaii.. Travels around the world.. Must be the best job ever.. I only do Zumba at home and on the Xbox..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pna1Dra6on
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I didn't realize they had zumba on gaming consoles.  Is it a game you purchase or download or just watch online through it?  We've got a PS3 & will look into this idea now.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

My friend is a master instructor. But lives in Hawaii.. Travels around the world.. Must be the best job ever.. I only do Zumba at home and on the Xbox..

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

Beenhereforever
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
We also have a ps3. They have it for that . :-)

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

I didn't realize they had zumba on gaming consoles.  Is it a game you purchase or download or just watch online through it?  We've got a PS3 & will look into this idea now.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
simplyus642
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I have the game for the Wii. I love it.

allabout11708
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I looked up some YouTube videos yesterday on the Xbox and apparently I have two uncoordinated left feet because I cannot freaking do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I've done the DVD, I like it but after a few times it gets boring. I do a Zumba class every Tuesday n Thursday at the gym but the songs and the dances are the same. I'm starting to get bored with that too. Overall I love Zumba.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)