Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a menu

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have no problem eating right but I don't know how or what to eat?
Can someone give me a week long menu?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi! What I have found out on this weight loss journey with my husband is that each of our body types are different, so we should not all necessarily be eating the same thing and expect the same results. Like for myself, I am "now" 130 lbs and I want to be back down to 115 lbs. My husband on the other hand was 343 lbs before starting his weight loss journey. I was trying to eat what he ate and I found out this was wrong wrong wrong! Because my body type is different than his and I actually need certain foods daily.

Anyhow, with all that said lol. I encourage you to look up a meal plan guide that is structured to your body type and weight. My husband does a carb cycle plan which helps his body to regulate those carbs, giving him a 7th day of free "eat what you want" meals so that his body continues to work in getting rid of those fats.

His carb cycle plan is 2 days low carb, 1 day high carb - repeat - and then 7th day is a guilt free day. He eats portion size meals, every 3 hours (5 times a day). We are both eating healthier, even though he has his meal guide, we buy whole grain (instead of white), fat free or low fat, sugar free, low sodium, and fresh fruits and veggies. He drinks skim milk, and I drink 1% milk. Along with our daily liquid vitamins to make sure we are getting all the good stuff we are missing in our meals :)

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I don't know my body type :-(

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Hi! What I have found out on this weight loss journey with my husband is that each of our body types are different, so we should not all necessarily be eating the same thing and expect the same results. Like for myself, I am "now" 130 lbs and I want to be back down to 115 lbs. My husband on the other hand was 343 lbs before starting his weight loss journey. I was trying to eat what he ate and I found out this was wrong wrong wrong! Because my body type is different than his and I actually need certain foods daily.

Anyhow, with all that said lol. I encourage you to look up a meal plan guide that is structured to your body type and weight. My husband does a carb cycle plan which helps his body to regulate those carbs, giving him a 7th day of free "eat what you want" meals so that his body continues to work in getting rid of those fats.

His carb cycle plan is 2 days low carb, 1 day high carb - repeat - and then 7th day is a guilt free day. He eats portion size meals, every 3 hours (5 times a day). We are both eating healthier, even though he has his meal guide, we buy whole grain (instead of white), fat free or low fat, sugar free, low sodium, and fresh fruits and veggies. He drinks skim milk, and I drink 1% milk. Along with our daily liquid vitamins to make sure we are getting all the good stuff we are missing in our meals :)

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

For myself, I have a high metabolism and I do not gain weight easily, but when I do gain weight it is all in my midsection and thighs. Cutting out sweets, eating healthier foods (whole grains instead of white, fresh veggies instead of canned, etc), and exercising is pretty much all I need to focus on.

My husband gains weight easily, he would get really bad swollen ankles and feet, and gains most of his weight in his belly. So he needs a more strict weight loss plan along with exercising then I do.

How much weight are you wanting to lose? Do you gain easily, or does it take you a while to put on those pounds? We can all share what works for us, and I can share with you what my husband is doing to lose his weight. In the long run, you need to find what works best for you. :)

You can follow what my husband is doing in my post here http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/18308239/A_Weight_Loss_Journey_with_My_Husband

I know there are other great ladies who found what works for them as well. I encourage you to take a look at what others are doing and see if you can find the right fit for you!

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
It's just baby weight.... I want to lose 30-40lbs it's all belly and thighs and I'm starting to hate my arms!!! I live off diet coke and coffee... I can't cut out caffeine all together but maybe cut down to 1 cup a day and cut out diet coke completely :-(

So far today I had English muffins and coffee for breakfast.
Pita chips and hummus for a snack then panera broc and cheese soup for lunch with water

Quoting MommaChelleB:

For myself, I have a high metabolism and I do not gain weight easily, but when I do gain weight it is all in my midsection and thighs. Cutting out sweets, eating healthier foods (whole grains instead of white, fresh veggies instead of canned, etc), and exercising is pretty much all I need to focus on.

My husband gains weight easily, he would get really bad swollen ankles and feet, and gains most of his weight in his belly. So he needs a more strict weight loss plan along with exercising then I do.

How much weight are you wanting to lose? Do you gain easily, or does it take you a while to put on those pounds? We can all share what works for us, and I can share with you what my husband is doing to lose his weight. In the long run, you need to find what works best for you. :)

You can follow what my husband is doing in my post here http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/18308239/A_Weight_Loss_Journey_with_My_Husband

I know there are other great ladies who found what works for them as well. I encourage you to take a look at what others are doing and see if you can find the right fit for you!

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

Quoting MommaChelleB:

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I know what you mean, I cannot cut caffeine out of my day either or I will get horrible headaches. However, I now only drink 1 can of pepsi every other day. I drink a great substitute  each day that gives me caffeine but also gives me my daily dose of vitamins and antioxidents. Let me tell you, I feel a TON better than I used to!

I updated my post in the link I gave you, explaining better about how my husband eats each day!

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

It's just baby weight.... I want to lose 30-40lbs it's all belly and thighs and I'm starting to hate my arms!!! I live off diet coke and coffee... I can't cut out caffeine all together but maybe cut down to 1 cup a day and cut out diet coke completely :-(

Pita chips and hummus for a snack then panera broc and cheese soup for lunch with water

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I try to keep my meals around 300 to 350 calories... I just do chicken, fish, nuts, steamed veggies, salads etc. what I do is keep a list of measurements/calories so I can mix and match to make it easier.... Like I know an orange is 50 calories... Salmon is 275 calories... Etc. if that makes sense. 

Lavi01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hi ladies,

I know it's hard to cut out caffeine, but you can do it - and your bodies will thank you!!! Google the negative effects of caffeine and you'll see why. The headaches are withdrawal symptoms from the caffeine because it affects your body like a drug. Once you get over that (awful) hump then you'll see a difference!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

I know what you mean, I cannot cut caffeine out of my day either or I will get horrible headaches. However, I now only drink 1 can of pepsi every other day. I drink a great substitute  each day that gives me caffeine but also gives me my daily dose of vitamins and antioxidents. Let me tell you, I feel a TON better than I used to!

I updated my post in the link I gave you, explaining better about how my husband eats each day!

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Caffeine has many positive side effects as well, depending on the source. Coffee and caffeinated tea are not bad for you.

Quoting Lavi01:

Hi ladies,

I know it's hard to cut out caffeine, but you can do it - and your bodies will thank you!!! Google the negative effects of caffeine and you'll see why. The headaches are withdrawal symptoms from the caffeine because it affects your body like a drug. Once you get over that (awful) hump then you'll see a difference!

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
OP, I suggest you visit your local library and check out a book on weight loss that contains meal plans and shopping lists. Atkins, South Beach, Zone, Primal Blueprint, 17 Day, all of them come with meal plans. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to follow said plans to the letter, but it's a great place to start if you are looking for something specific in terms of meal planning.
MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Yes I am aware that the headaches are side effects from caffeine withdrawal :) Which is why I slowly but surely got myself drinking much less caffeine per day than I used to. I now drink my 1 can of NATURAL caffeine which also has my daily amount of vitamins and antioxidents in it, daily - and will have 1 can of pepsi 2 or 3 times a week - which is a huge improvement on the 3 cans of pepsi I used to drink daily!

It can be done! You have to make that change, cut out the caffeine little by little and not just cut it out completely or you will have the side effects.

Quoting Lavi01:

Hi ladies,

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)