Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time to get off the couch and move...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

So last week I spend a rediculous amount of time by mystreadmillelf because both of my children were fortunate enough to go to Florida for spring break, so after working 8 hour days and coming home and cleaning the house for the 10th time that week (purely bordem) I decided I needed to re-evaluate my life.  I'm a single Mom and I have no complaints about that however my worry is that my babies are growing up fast and what do I have without them??  I have no hobbies.. my world revolves around them so it was time...no more excuses.  I have to find a hobby..but what?  I dont scrapbook or knit,  not real huge on reading..  I enjoy the couch and tv but ..THAT has gotten me nowhere but 2 sizes bigger that I was 2 years ago...  Than it came to me... JOIN THE GYM Karie...  duh.  So I did.  Wish me Luck ;)  Incentive...I have a Vegas trip planned next month and want to sit by the pool, I fear putting on a swimsuit......that should motivate me... 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Good luck! Shopping and eating healthier for myself, my kids are also learning to be healthier. We dont go to the gym, but we have the river walk/fall line trace trail with mile markers every .1 mile so we know how far we walk per day, plus we do exercise dvds at home. Getting up and going to the gym I know will be a great motivator as well!

Great incentive too..keep it up!

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It's definitely a good hobby!  Good for you =)

wahmx3
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Great hobby! There are far too many people who sit on the couch and watch tv for hours....then wonder why they are overweight, out of shape, and don't enjoy life. Spend some time exercising while watching your favorite shows as well. I do free steps on Wii fit and "play" on my exercise ball. You could do squats, walking in place (or jogging), sit ups etc etc.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)